Homewood Suites Richmond Airport
US$81
US$58
US$50
  • Pool
All reviewsfull kitchenevening receptionone bedroom suiteparking lotmexican restaurantbreakfast and dinnergreat place to stayrooms were very cleanwould stay here againindoor poolcomplimentary breakfastyogurtrichmond airportstaff was friendlypleasant staybusiness tripenjoyed my stay
Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

I am a Hilton Diamond member and frequently stay at all Hilton brands when traveling for work. Staying at different levels of Hilton brands over the years has given me the experience to know what to expect from a Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, etc. So when I was booked by my company to stay at the Homewood Suites, I had a certain expectation of service and quality.
First off, the airport is right across the street, so it was very convenient for me as I travel for work. However, when I called for a shuttle to the hotel, it took 30 mins from when I called. The airport is a 5 minute drive. I was told the driver works multiple hotels and was picking up multiple guests, but still shouldn't have taken 30 mins to get to the hotel. I almost missed the free dinner which ends at 7pm because of the tardiness.

Speaking of the dinner, what a disgrace. Now, I know Homewood dinners aren't fine dining, but anyone who has ever stayed at a good Homewood knows what I'm talking about. It's usually a mix of salads and an entree with sides buffet style. Some nights it's fish, Italian, tacos, etc. This night, the dinner was corn dogs. That's right, corn dogs. I had a salad. No alcohol either as another reviewer posted, which is normally a Homewood staple. The dinner menu in the room on the fridge listed something else for that dinner, but instead they had corn dogs.

As another reviewer posted, my floor (6th) smelled like cigarette smoke as soon as you got off the elevator. Disgusting. My room was OK, but my coworker said his room smelled like smoke.

The rooms are typical Homewood style with a kitchenette and living room in addition to the bedroom. No complaints about the room, other than the bathroom. Water didn't flow right for the first few minutes out of the sink or shower. And the light switch for the toilet/shower room was behind the door inside next to the toilet. Weird setup and inconvenient at night. My coworker also found a partly alive beetle in his tub.

Finally, there was breakfast. Diamond members know what to expect from different brand hotels. For example, Hilton Garden Inns have a good hot cooked to order meal for guests. Hiltons usually have good hot breakfasts and Hampton Inns let you toast your own bagel and eat cheese whiz omelettes. Homewoods are never known to have great breakfasts, but usually enough for me to start my day. Typical morning is breads, cereals, coffee, tea, fruit, and a waffle maker as well as yogurts and usually a select breakfast special. THE BREAKFAST SPECIAL THIS MORNING WAS THE CORN DOGS FROM THE PREVIOUS NIGHT! That's right, along with hash browns and the breads/cereals, the corn dogs were still out there. Not acceptable for breakfast.

So the room was good overall with really comfy beds.
The service at the front desk was very friendly and helpful with our needs.
As a Diamond member who travels frequently, I will request of my company to book us at either the Hampton Inn or even the Hyatt (not a Hilton brand) down the road. Disappointing is the word of the day.

• Stayed: April 2013
benjamin2000, General Manager at Homewood Suites Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

I would like to thank you for your feedback and business. I am sorry about the shuttle issues and I will look into and correct it so that other guest do not have the same problem. I am glad you enjoyed the room and service from front desk associates. We here at the Homewood Richmond Airport value your input so that we can continue to improve our guest experience . I do hope that you will consider giving us another chance when in the airport market as I can assure you that the issues that you mentioned are not our norm. Once again thank you for completing a Tripadvisor survey and we hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 16 April 2013

Get place to stay, on any day of the Week. Good food, as well as great hotel service. I would recommend other guest to spend time at this hotel, for business, or pleasure. I really enjoyed my stay there

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
benjamin2000, General Manager at Homewood Suites Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2013

Thank you very much for your great tripadvisor review, from all of us at the Homewood Suites Richmond Airport we thank you for your business and we are glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 13 April 2013

Dark colors in rooms, makes it look dirty. Quilt/bedspread strange fabric. Lousy hair dryer, the type thats attached to wall. Good location, easy on off highway. Breakfast good, coulld have more fresh fruit. Fitness center good quality, did not use however.

Room Tip: Ask for room on side not facing highway for quiet; view will be of trucks parked however.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
benjamin2000, General Manager at Homewood Suites Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

We at the Homewood Suites Richmond Airport want to thank you for taking the time to complete a Tripadvisor survey we appreciate it. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we want to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2013

We stayed in the Homewood Suites on the last night of our visit to Virginia - the plan was to stay near the airport since we had a very early flight. The hotel is very clean, and very comfortable. It is only 5 min from the airport, but there doesn't appear to much else too close to the hotel, other than the usual airport strip places. Our suite had a full kitchen, king sized bed, sitting area and a fairly large bathroom with a shower stall only. We really like the Homewood Suites - they are always comfortable, and this was no exception. The staff were friendly. There was a large indoor pool and a nice hot tub, both of which we used - the pool area was very clean. It was a Wednesday night, so we had dinner included - it was hot pulled pork sandwiches, salad, coleslaw, drinks. The food wasn't fancy, but it was good, and certainly enough for dinner; it worked for us, as we wanted to get to sleep early due to our early flight. Unfortunately, breakfast didn't start in the morning early enough for us; that's my only suggestion - they should put out the 'easy & quick' breakfast food early, as early as 4am, so those with early flights can grab a bite before heading to the airport. There must be plenty of travelers who would appreciate that, as this hotel must be used frequently for those departing on early flights. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
benjamin2000, General Manager at Homewood Suites Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

We at the Homewood Suites Richmond Airport are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again when in the Richmond Area. Thank you for your business

Reviewed 4 April 2013

This was not on par with other Homewood Suites.

Stayed in a 2 Bedroom unit that was not labled as a handicapped room, but it was. Hey, I think this should have simply been disclosed in the reservation. Plus this room was outside of a back door where all the smokers hang out and blow smoke all over you and leave butts all over the place. Nice place for those that are handicapped to have to go through to get to their room.

The room furnishings were extremely worn. The ceilings had marks of mold in the king bedroom. The main room had a big stain in the ceiling that looked like a huge water leak. The 2 bed bedroom bath tub/shower combo was worn and warped.

This is the ONLY Homewood I have ever been in that has not served beer and wine during happy hour. I have to wonder why and I asked the staff and they seemed uncomfortable talking about it. Did the hotel lose it's alcohol license?

Price was really low and I know why. This is just not to up par. I just didn't like the place.

Location was excellent for what I needed for the family - in between Monticello and Williamsburg.

TVs were good and had decent channel choice.

Breakfast was decent, not great.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from the doors so you don't have to walk through an army of smokers and their butts on the ground to get to your room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

I want to thank you for your business and for taking the time to complete a trip advisor review. We will review all of the items you brought to our attention and we hope to see you again soon. Thank you.