Americas Best Value Inn - Richmond Airport/Sandston
Travelocity
US$124
US$111
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

The desk staff were very polite and helpful..we showed up early but with a few last minute checks we were given access to our room with a smile and a friendly manner. The staff reflect very well on the hotel ..in fact they could not have done more to ensure that we were happy with our room etc. Room was clean. Everything worked. Free breakfast was standard hotel stuff so no home cooked bacon but for a buffet type was very good. Free coffee available 24/7 in lobby. .wifi access in lobby with printing is a useful service. I will definitely consider this hotel the next time I am staying in Richmond

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
airportbw, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Richmond Airport/Sandston, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our property. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Thank You!

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed in room 105 and I guess you get what you pay for. Even though I requested a non smoking room the room still smelled smoky and there was cigarette burns on my blanket. I stayed long enough to shower then left immediately. I was scared to lay in the bed so I just left.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have felt during your stay at our property. Unfortunately there were no non-smoking rooms available on the night you had checked in, they had all been rented or reserved. Our smoking rooms do retain a smoky smell even after the rooms have been cleaned, since the smoke smell can not be completely removed.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Obviously I was impressed with my stay.
Not only was the rate very affordable $45 but the clean room had a Mini-Frig, Microwave, Ironing Board, Fluffy Towels and a breakfast that allows you to make your own waffles. Located next to Richmond Airport in a location that has CVS Pharmacy, Waffle House, etc.
Quality at a very, very reasonable price.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to offer as many amenities as possible to our guests to make their stay as comfortable as possible. Thank You!

Reviewed 14 December 2013

The ABVI chain is hit or miss, and this one was a miss. I think this property used to be a a Quality Inn and it looks like there's a whole conference center area off of the lobby that's been shuttered. Most (all?) of the rooms have exterior entrances, some of which are a little bit of a walk from the parking areas due to the design of the building. The back parking lot did not feel safe. The property is in bad shape - it's old and hasn't been maintained well at all. You can see in my pics that the awning over the stairway is rusting out and there's a lot of mildew on the outside walkways. Those are just a couple of examples. The room was okay, but this place really needs an overhaul.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
airportbw, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Richmond Airport/Sandston, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear CosmoVA,

On behalf of the staff and management, I would like to personally thank you for sharing a review with us. We are an older exterior corridor location near the Richmond Airport. We are planning on doing some renovating in 2014. We understand your concerns and we are sorry that we could not meet your expectations at this time. Hopefully, you can give us another opportunity once we have made the suggested changes.

Regards,
Neal-Manager
Americas Best Value Inn-Sandston, VA

Reviewed 14 October 2012

I stayed there saturday night. I arrived and it took me forever to get in my room. When I finally got in the room, i turned the light on and there was hugh cobwebs and a dead moth. Than I went to the bathroom. I looked at the tub and the tub was full of dirty water and dirt. I went to try and call the front desk and the phone would not work, I pulled out the night stand to find bottle caps behind the night stand. I finally got the phone to work and calleed the front desk. I got the respond, om my and do you want to change your room. I told him that it was after midnight and I had no way to get a hold of my husband and he would not know where I would be. I ask if a manager would be in the morning. I slept in my clothes and with the light on. In the am, I noticed all this filth on my night stand, it was from the lamp shade, it was all rusty, the light fixture was falling off the wall. The microwave had mold and grime all around it, the door was brokedn, the chair next to the desk was beokeen, crumbs all over the table, dresser etc. I could not take it any more, so I went to the front desk and the girl that was at the desk, was in the office watching tv i waited five minutes and I said, excause me... she finally came and when i told her what happened, she never apologized, was rude as hell..........I told her that I am a GM at a hotel in Williamsburg and I know they are a branded hotel and they have standers and this property is the worst. I asked to speak to management and she said he was not there. I asked when he would be there and she gave this look like I dont know. I asked for a refund and she said no. We have stayed here at least three times a year and bring anywhere from 5-20 other rooms. This is what I got. I WILL NEVER EVER STAY AT THIS DUMP AGAIN. I WILL BE CONTACTING THE CORPORATE OFFICE. WHAT A DUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALSO, I WENT TO GET COFFEE IN THE LOBBY AND THE HOUSEKEEPING STAFF WAS PUSHING ME OUT OF THE WAY RUDE AS HELL...JUST LIKE THAT GIRL AT THE FRONT DESK RUDE............NEVER EVER AGAIN. thE FINAL NOTE, MY OWNER OF MY PROPERY HAS A HOTEL THAT IS ALSO AMERICAS BEST VALUE INN AND I TOLD HIM ALL ABOUT IT AND HE WAS APPOLED... ALL I WANTED WAS MY MONEY BACK.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
airportbw, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Richmond Airport/Sandston, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

Dear Darlene L,

Thank you for sharing a review with us. I am deeply concerned about the issues you encountered during your stay. I apologize for any housekeeping and staff friendliness issues you experienced. We strive to ensure that each of our guests have a enjoyable experience with us. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. Please contact me directly at the property to discuss the matter further. We would like another opportunity to serve you.

Regards,