“Perfect Girlfriend Getaway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Scottsville
Chester Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 2 Scottsville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 August 2010

What started out five years as a celebration with about 13 of my closest friends for my 40th birthday has now turned into an annual event at Chester. We love Jean and Craig and the service they provide! We eat good food all weekend - float down the river - and get lots of pampering and relaxation thanks to the folks at Chester. We all agree Jean and Craig are excellent at what they do and we look forward to many more years celebrating good friends and good times with them!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 18 July 2010

My husband and friends held a surprise birthday party dinner for me at the Chester Bed & Breakfast in Scottsville, Virginia for my 60th. The food was fabulous, the decorations were beautiful, the service was great. Jean and Craig made the day very special. The ambiance and decor of the Chester made us feel very welcome and comfortable, like we were visiting old friends. I can't recommend it enough as a place to stay and as a place for a special event.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 June 2010

My husband and I stayed at Chester B&B for my 40th birthday. I had never stayed at a b&b before because I like my privacy and felt I would get my ear talked off by any b&b owners... well it was not like that at all... these owners were fantastic. They were very attentive but not intrusive. Breakfast and Dinner were awesome! The house was very clean and comfortable. The location was perfect for wine tastings and I felt very comfortable. I would highly recommend this b&b!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2010

My wife and I are in our late twenties and came down to Charlottesville for a mini vacation to check out the local wineries and Monticello. There are several B&B's in the area but we ended up choosing Chester based on the good reviews and we were very glad that we did. The house and grounds are peaceful, refreshing, and beautiful. Craig and Jean were extremely open, hospitable, and considerate. We felt they struck the perfect balance, at times engaging us with fun easy conversation and at times allowing us our privacy. Chester was very well located to suit our entertainment needs as well. It is a few miles outside of Charlottesville, which we found to be a very scenic and pleasant drive, and is very close to several nice wineries. One of the most important things to me about a B&B is of course the breakfast and on that score, the Strattons really delivered. Both mornings saw gourmet meals that included among other things, fresh squeezed orange juice, French press coffee, excellent scrambled eggs with chives, crispy bacon, (that was the aroma that we woke up to,) and perhaps the finest French toast we have ever eaten. In short, if you are looking for a great B&B in the Charlottesville area, we strongly recommend Chester.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mullinscall210
Reviewed 27 September 2009

We spent a weekend here for our anniversary, and our hosts were charming and welcoming. I felt like we really were guests in their home, and we were treated with the utmost hospitality and graciousness. Our room, the Franklinia, looked exactly as pictured on the website, and was one of the most comfortable nights' sleep we have had in years! Breakfast was delicious and filling, and the french-pressed coffee a delightful treat. The grounds are beautiful, and we would have loved to stay longer if our schedule had permitted.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hart0926
Reviewed 11 August 2009

The Chester is wonderful. Every year a group of girls go and spend the weekend. While there we float down the river and relax at the Chester Bed & Breakfast. The food is great and the atmosphere wonderful. The home and grounds are beautiful. I am already looking forward to next year.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 May 2009

We had stayed in Scottsville before but not at this B&B. We are extremely happy that we gave this B&B a chance. Everything was wonderful - the grounds, the hosts, the accommodations, everything. Jean and Craig were wonderful hosts. They provided us with anything we asked, from extra towels to wine glasses to share a recent purchase with a fellow traveler around the Koi pond. We did not have dinner there, but other people did both nights we stayed and the aroma was fantastic. Next time we go down we plan on having dinner. Breakfast was elegant and delicious. We could not fault anything. In fact, the first morning we were surprised to find out that in the short time it took us to eat breakfast, our room had already been cleaned and the bathroom refreshed. Of note here - water pressure was great and there was plenty of hot water. The turn down service in the evening was also something unexpected. We've stayed at a number of places (around the world) and this was certainly the most relaxing and comfortable stay. We came down for our niece's graduation in early May and are already discussing when we will be visiting again. We've already recommended this spot to family and friends.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scottsville
Holiday Inn Charlottesville-Monticello
Holiday Inn Charlottesville-Mont...
#24 of 35 in Charlottesville
Sleep Inn & Suites Monticello
Sleep Inn & Suites Monticello
#22 of 35 in Charlottesville
Hilton Garden Inn Charlottesville
Hilton Garden Inn Charlottesvill...
#6 of 35 in Charlottesville
Omni Charlottesville
Omni Charlottesville
#5 of 35 in Charlottesville
Orchard House Bed and Breakfast
Inn at Monticello
Inn at Monticello
#3 of 16 in Charlottesville

Been to Chester Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!