“Amazing stay”
Review of Bay Tree Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seaford
Bay Tree Manor
Ranked #1 of 1 Seaford B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 December 2013

My husband and I were in Virginia and he wanted to spend our "anniversary" night in a special place. I was torn between another inn and Bay Tree Manor but my husband picked Bay Tree because they had a suite with two rooms available so we could have some privacy even with our daughter in tow. I have never been happier with his choice. Bay Tree Manor was cheaper than the other place (which I can't even remember anymore) but turned out to be even better than they advertised and showed online. The place is amazing. The rooms were very clean and the surroundings were very well-kept. (In fact, Mark, the owner, was mowing his lawn when we were about to leave, lol.) Everyone had gone beyond his/her way to make sure that we had all that we needed and wanted. In fact, when we got back from dinner, there was a bottle of champagne waiting in our room for us. We felt so at home, it was like having an overnight with family/friends, only in a piece of heaven on earth. Breakfast was something else. We were served dessert first, which was a kind of crepe with bananas and strawberries, followed by what they called a "lumberjack breakfast" and it consisted of bacon, eggs, ham, mashed potatoes, and I think there was even toast somewhere in there, all topped with a melted cheese concoction. Paige made sure we didn't lack drinks or anything. The conversation flowed smoothly. Their pets, which they tried to get away at first but which they let out when they found out our daughter loved animals, kept us all entertained. The host family is great. We would definitely be going back and I hope it would be sooner rather than later.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 November 2013

My daughter and I travel a fair amount, but this might be the best lodging experience we’ve ever had. We stayed at the Bay Tree Manor because she is in the Army and was stationed at Fort Eustis. I searched for a place where she could relax for a couple of days and take the edge off her homesickness.

Mark and Paige made us welcome and treated us like family. It didn’t hurt that their daughter Heather is the same age as my daughter and that their pets are sweet and cuddly. Or that the made-from-scratch breakfasts were huge and delicious. Or that their property is on the water with a view of the inlet and Cheaspeake Bay. Or that the suite we stayed in was spotless and luxurious (my daughter said the shower was “a religious experience”).

But it was the little things—a glass of wine and conversation in the evening, cupcakes with candles and a bottle of sparkling apple juice (my daughter couldn’t drink alcohol during training) in the room to celebrate our birthdays, the Stephens’ attentive but never intrusive hospitality—that made this such a memorable stay. If you’re ever in the Newport News area or are looking for a quiet place to unwind, give this lovely B&B a try.

Room Tip: All the rooms looked lovely, but the Roosevelt Retreat Suite was spacious and luxurious.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Bay Tree Manor is absolutely wonderful. I knew the minute I met Mark and Paige that my husband and I were meant to be married there. They didn't dissapoint at all. We were all made to feel so at home and the rooms were above and beyond. I can't wait to go back for a weekend next summer with our wedding party.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We have had WONDERFUL experiences both times my husband and I have visited (summer and fall). Paige and Mark are fantastic hosts who really go above and beyond to make your stay special. They provide gourmet breakfasts that are so large, you are full until the delicious happy hour snacks they provide! Paige even had champagne and cupcakes waiting in our room for my husband's birthday! The rooms are very nice-clean, comfortable, with great views. We chose this area because it was close to Virginia Beach and Williamsburg, but the on-site amenities were so nice we actually spent more time at Bay Tree and never went to Virginia Beach (you can take their kayaks out into the bay to a little sandy island for a private beach experience!). And they have an amazing pool :)

They really treat you like family and I would highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a refreshing getaway.

Room Tip: Bay-facing rooms get lots of sun in the mornings.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2013

My husband have stayed here several times. We even got married there. However the reason we go back is Mark and Paige!! This is a wonderful B&B to regroup, relaxes and unwind. You can't beat the breakfast, you won't need lunch. There is so much to do!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
paicoo, Owner at Bay Tree Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2016

You and your family have brought Paige and I so many happy times. You came to us as a blushing bride and groom ,and became such wonderful friends. We sincerely appreciate your friendship and your very kind words. Thank you from Mark and Paige.
P.s we will keep the light on .

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Mark and Paige were the perfect hosts. They made sure that we were comfortable and that we had everything you could possibly want or need. This is the perfect getaway to relax and enjoy time together with your spouse. The view of the water was perfect as we watched the sun rise on the Chesapeake Bay Inlet from the Heather Marie Suite. We will always remember the huge and delicious breakfast Mark made for us. I will also remember how my wife was extremely excited about the first fish that she ever caught in her life.

Room Tip: Choose a rooms with the veiw of the Chesapeake Bay
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2013

The folks here effortlessly facilitate whatever time you want to have. Whether you want to be left alone in the Master Suite for a couple days, enjoy time fishing at the pier & cleaning/cooking what you catch, or engaging in fun conversation for hours, you will have that kind of time.

The B&B layout is wonderful, the breakfasts are memorable, but the owners absolutely make the experience. My wife and I cannot thank them enough for the great experience on our anniversary!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seaford
Courtyard Newport News Yorktown
Williamsburg Inn
#1 of 73 in Williamsburg
Woodlands Hotel & Suites - Colonial Williamsburg
Hampton Inn Newport News-Yorktown
Hampton Inn & Suites Newport News (Oyster Point)

Been to Bay Tree Manor? Share your experiences!