“A wonderful place!”
Review of Bay Tree Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seaford
Bay Tree Manor
Ranked #1 of 1 Seaford B&B and Inns
Yorktown, Virginia
“A wonderful place!”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We were pleasantly surprised when we discovered this hidden treasure while
looking for a wedding venue. We are so glad we held our daughter's wedding
reception at Bay Tree Manor! The bride and groom were out of state so my husband
and I worked with Paige and Mark to make the plans. They could not have been
more pleasant or helpful. We rented the place for the entire weekend. The
wedding party stayed at the house and enjoyed the outstanding breakfasts, the
'man cave' and the pool. The water view from the back of the house is
beautiful! The wedding was held in October and it was so wonderful to have the
reception outside under the tent. We had spent hours decorating the tent
ourselves and the bride and groom were so happy with everything. Paige and Mark
were so friendly, supportive, and accommodating. We plan to use this place
again sometime. We recommend it for any kind of event or for just a simple
getaway. My review is way overdue, but I want to share that Bay Tree Manor & its owners are a gem.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Portsmouth, Virginia
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Bay Tree Manor is a beautiful place to have a wedding!! Mark and Paige went out of their way to may this a memorable day for Sharon and Barry. The scenery is outstanding. I recommend Bay Tree Manor B & B to everyone looking for a great place to have their special event.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 12 January 2014

First and foremost this review is long overdue. I visited back in September 2013. Mark and Paige were the best!! We arrived at 9pm and waiting was a bottle of champagne and two birthday cupcakes. A complete surprise only because it was my birthday. First impressions are the most lasting. They offered us drink but after a 3 hour drive we had to decline. However, the next day we saw what gracious hosts Paige and mark were along with their daughters and the friendly pets that have. They really care about their guests and their B &B. After speaking with them you learn that they are artisans of hospitality and they understand details and a weekend getaway from the guest’s point of view, which is very important.
They will engage you or if you want to complete solitude they’ll give you that too. Their casa is your casa and you feel that way. You appreciate the hard work that it took to make this B&B the best I’ve visited and I’ve visited many.
That’s the bed part..Ok let’s talk about the breakfast!! Mark will ask you every evening what time you plan to rise the next morning. This is because he will arise two hours before you to create a culinary adventure that is worthy of three Michelin stars. The eggs benedict-superb. The French toast-succulent. Mark is amazing in the kitchen! The breakfast is so good that we cancelled the afternoon plans for lunch because the food was delicious and served in portions that sneak up on you-read (we took a nap after we talked about the breakfast for about 45 minutes after we were done) That’s how good it is!
I will be definitely be back and recommend it to all. Mark and Paige Thanks for all your hospitality!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank vacationclub30
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 24 December 2013

My husband and I were in Virginia and he wanted to spend our "anniversary" night in a special place. I was torn between another inn and Bay Tree Manor but my husband picked Bay Tree because they had a suite with two rooms available so we could have some privacy even with our daughter in tow. I have never been happier with his choice. Bay Tree Manor was cheaper than the other place (which I can't even remember anymore) but turned out to be even better than they advertised and showed online. The place is amazing. The rooms were very clean and the surroundings were very well-kept. (In fact, Mark, the owner, was mowing his lawn when we were about to leave, lol.) Everyone had gone beyond his/her way to make sure that we had all that we needed and wanted. In fact, when we got back from dinner, there was a bottle of champagne waiting in our room for us. We felt so at home, it was like having an overnight with family/friends, only in a piece of heaven on earth. Breakfast was something else. We were served dessert first, which was a kind of crepe with bananas and strawberries, followed by what they called a "lumberjack breakfast" and it consisted of bacon, eggs, ham, mashed potatoes, and I think there was even toast somewhere in there, all topped with a melted cheese concoction. Paige made sure we didn't lack drinks or anything. The conversation flowed smoothly. Their pets, which they tried to get away at first but which they let out when they found out our daughter loved animals, kept us all entertained. The host family is great. We would definitely be going back and I hope it would be sooner rather than later.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 17 November 2013

My daughter and I travel a fair amount, but this might be the best lodging experience we’ve ever had. We stayed at the Bay Tree Manor because she is in the Army and was stationed at Fort Eustis. I searched for a place where she could relax for a couple of days and take the edge off her homesickness.

Mark and Paige made us welcome and treated us like family. It didn’t hurt that their daughter Heather is the same age as my daughter and that their pets are sweet and cuddly. Or that the made-from-scratch breakfasts were huge and delicious. Or that their property is on the water with a view of the inlet and Cheaspeake Bay. Or that the suite we stayed in was spotless and luxurious (my daughter said the shower was “a religious experience”).

But it was the little things—a glass of wine and conversation in the evening, cupcakes with candles and a bottle of sparkling apple juice (my daughter couldn’t drink alcohol during training) in the room to celebrate our birthdays, the Stephens’ attentive but never intrusive hospitality—that made this such a memorable stay. If you’re ever in the Newport News area or are looking for a quiet place to unwind, give this lovely B&B a try.

Room Tip: All the rooms looked lovely, but the Roosevelt Retreat Suite was spacious and luxurious.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Poquoson
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Bay Tree Manor is absolutely wonderful. I knew the minute I met Mark and Paige that my husband and I were meant to be married there. They didn't dissapoint at all. We were all made to feel so at home and the rooms were above and beyond. I can't wait to go back for a weekend next summer with our wedding party.

• Stayed September 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We have had WONDERFUL experiences both times my husband and I have visited (summer and fall). Paige and Mark are fantastic hosts who really go above and beyond to make your stay special. They provide gourmet breakfasts that are so large, you are full until the delicious happy hour snacks they provide! Paige even had champagne and cupcakes waiting in our room for my husband's birthday! The rooms are very nice-clean, comfortable, with great views. We chose this area because it was close to Virginia Beach and Williamsburg, but the on-site amenities were so nice we actually spent more time at Bay Tree and never went to Virginia Beach (you can take their kayaks out into the bay to a little sandy island for a private beach experience!). And they have an amazing pool :)

They really treat you like family and I would highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a refreshing getaway.

Room Tip: Bay-facing rooms get lots of sun in the mornings.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seaford
Courtyard Newport News Yorktown
Hampton Inn Newport News-Yorktown
Hampton Inn & Suites Newport News (Oyster Point)
Hilton Garden Inn Newport News
Hilton Garden Inn Newport News
#3 of 38 in Newport News
Red Roof Inn Yorktown
Red Roof Inn Yorktown
#6 of 8 in Yorktown
Marl Inn Bed and Breakfast

Been to Bay Tree Manor? Share your experiences!