“Must STOP”

Good Earth Peanut Company
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Skippers
Reviewed 6 March 2014

If you are traveling on route 95 in Virginia, the Good Earth Peanut Company in Skippers is a MUST stop. It is everything a family-owned company should be--wonderful, helpful staff, fabulous products, and the co-owner in the office right off the store to make sure everyone is happy. We had read about Good Earth so when we were driving on 95 north at exit 4 in Virginia, we decided to stop by. What a great stop it was. Renee was there to give us samples of the scores of peanuts they have in stock. Co-owner Janet "Scott" Vincent was in the office and came out of her office to make sure we were doing well. Well? We were doing great. It seems everything we tried, we bought. Chocolate covered peanut brittle, jumbo roasted salted peanuts, double-dipped chocolate covered peanuts, chocolate covered raisins, unsalted peanuts in the shell--what did we miss? We also bought a jar of natural peanut butter and pickles and relish bottled for them by a local company...We had to put everything in the trunk or we might have disposed of some of them before we reached our next destination--Williamsburg. Good thing--they ship their products. I know that some will find their way at our home in Boston....A MUST stop!!!

1  Thank bostontraveler215
"gifts"
"interstate"
"billboard"

Reviewed 30 November 2013

A year ago we stayed in Virginia Beach and on our way home going across that long bridge we stopped at the gift shop/restaurant in the middle of the bridge and bought some Virginia peanuts. It is unreal how good they are. What a difference in taste from what we buy at home. Driving home from Florida last week and saw a small sign on the side of the highway about peanuts. Pulled off at the next exit, drove about 1 mile and there was this little store. A man was just leaving and he told us we were going to be amazed when we went in. What a find! All kinds of samples available from the welcoming lady at the till. We bought the LARGE tin of salted peanuts. And a few other nuts besides. Now I wish I had thought of Christmas gifts. How stupid of me when they were right in front of me. I live in a small town but Skipper sure beats the size of mine. Doesn't seem to have anything else but this store. Watch for a sign near exit 4. (I hope I'm right. If someone else knows it is not exit 4 can you put that into your review. I want to find this place again.) Thank you to the person who said it is not open Sundays. I think that is an important thing to include and I did not notice what days they are open.)

2  Thank Paddy2216
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We've been traveling up and down I-95 for many, many years, and this was the first time we found this little gem, just about a mile off of 95. It's the cutest little shop, and there are numerous samples to check out. Dare I say, we went nutty and purchased several different varieties of their products to take home with us. The lady behind the counter was lovely; very friendly and helpful. We will, from now on, make it a point to stop to Good Earth Peanut Company on our travels along I-95. This is truly a great little shop, and you should, by all means, make a visit too!!

1  Thank RetiredBeachers29526
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stopped here on our way driving from New Hampshire to Greenville, NC a few days ago and what a find!! I saw a sign for them on the highway and was hoping for boiled peanuts like I had as a child living in Florida. They did not have boiled peanuts, but they had everything else and then more. There are multiple samples of their products on counter and they were all delicious. We bought a bag of Roasted peanuts that we could not stop eating the rest of our trip, chocolate covered peanut brittle, and the absolute best ever Butter Toasted Pecans. We stopped on the way back home, but it was a Sunday and they were closed so I guess I will be buying more of these online as gifts for family and friends for Christmas. The lady working is a sweetheart and the place has so much character and charm to it. Highly recommended.

2  Thank Country-Girl03442