“Just had to check it out”

Good Earth Peanut Company
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Skippers
Reviewed 5 May 2014

After reading the reviews on TA I decided to purchase my RV fuel at Exit 4 in Skippers, VA and then go one mile up the road to the Good Earth Peanut Company. there was just enough room for my RV and tow vehicle and the small rough country store was terrific. Over 40 samples you were encouraged to try by a very kind lady and then you had your choice of SIZE of can to purchase. Since we wanted a half dozen varieties we elected on the small containers, but if you like one or two types, the better buy is the large can. They mail order as well. This was a delicious repast from the boring I-95 drive and I am very thankful other Trip Advisors shared this neat attraction.
Cheap gas and great nuts. Bourbon flavored pralines was my favorite and my wife liked the chocolate splendor.

All reviews
"step back in time"
in 6 reviews
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 11 April 2014

The Good Earth Peanut Co. was spur of the moment stop after we saw a little sign on the side of I-95. We are glad we did. They have samples of all their different nut products and we went home with quite a few.

Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

This place was awesome I couldn't stop putting nuts in my mouth. Chocolate covered, toffee covered, mixed,brittle,and even some hot ones. Wasabi so so hot. It doesn't stop with nuts they have trail mix chocolate covered cherries and raisins variety of jams cashew pecans peanuts raw peanuts roasted peanuts too much to list but more then enough to get your salivating. The staff was wonderful and very helpful and tons of free samples. My suggestion buy one of everything or have it shipped home and they do gift baskets. I am so happy I stopped at its right off the exit for this charming quaint little place

Reviewed 6 March 2014

If you are traveling on route 95 in Virginia, the Good Earth Peanut Company in Skippers is a MUST stop. It is everything a family-owned company should be--wonderful, helpful staff, fabulous products, and the co-owner in the office right off the store to make sure everyone is happy. We had read about Good Earth so when we were driving on 95 north at exit 4 in Virginia, we decided to stop by. What a great stop it was. Renee was there to give us samples of the scores of peanuts they have in stock. Co-owner Janet "Scott" Vincent was in the office and came out of her office to make sure we were doing well. Well? We were doing great. It seems everything we tried, we bought. Chocolate covered peanut brittle, jumbo roasted salted peanuts, double-dipped chocolate covered peanuts, chocolate covered raisins, unsalted peanuts in the shell--what did we miss? We also bought a jar of natural peanut butter and pickles and relish bottled for them by a local company...We had to put everything in the trunk or we might have disposed of some of them before we reached our next destination--Williamsburg. Good thing--they ship their products. I know that some will find their way at our home in Boston....A MUST stop!!!

1  Thank bostontraveler215
See more reviews
Reviewed 30 November 2013

A year ago we stayed in Virginia Beach and on our way home going across that long bridge we stopped at the gift shop/restaurant in the middle of the bridge and bought some Virginia peanuts. It is unreal how good they are. What a difference in taste from what we buy at home. Driving home from Florida last week and saw a small sign on the side of the highway about peanuts. Pulled off at the next exit, drove about 1 mile and there was this little store. A man was just leaving and he told us we were going to be amazed when we went in. What a find! All kinds of samples available from the welcoming lady at the till. We bought the LARGE tin of salted peanuts. And a few other nuts besides. Now I wish I had thought of Christmas gifts. How stupid of me when they were right in front of me. I live in a small town but Skipper sure beats the size of mine. Doesn't seem to have anything else but this store. Watch for a sign near exit 4. (I hope I'm right. If someone else knows it is not exit 4 can you put that into your review. I want to find this place again.) Thank you to the person who said it is not open Sundays. I think that is an important thing to include and I did not notice what days they are open.)

2  Thank Paddy2216