Hampton Inn & Suites Smithfield
US$58
Good 3.5/5
US$76
Average 3/5
Key West Inn(Newport News)
US$57
US$55
US$57
US$54
Average 3/5
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfront deskfamily weddingawesome staywould highly recommend this hotelwaffle makerwould stay here againindoor poolthe breakfast areanice hotelshort driveking suitenewport newswafflescomplimentary breakfastcomfortable bedsfirst floorgreat place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The best hotel in Smithfield. The service was excellent. The room was very nice. I recommend the complimentary breakfast. The complimentary internet service was also great. I typically do not stay at Hampton Inns hotel but will consider the Hampton Inn&Suites in the future.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Brandy M, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Smithfield, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

I love to hear that we were able to change your mind about Hampton Inns =) Thank you very much for the kind words! We always try to make sure you don't forget your experiences with us! Hopefully you will have the opportunity to experience the same great service at other Hamptons!

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here last minute because traveling went late into the night. I have stayed in over 50 hampton inns and never had a questionable experience. I was asked to sign a waiver that I would not smoke in a non smoking room, never have I had this asked of me. I told her i cannot tolerate the smell of smoke and she assured me I was in a non smoking room. It smelled horrible...the cover over the ac had been kicked in and shattered. The door was ajar when we went in. I went down and explained this and was given a different room on a different floor, still smelled, just not as bad. Didn't feel like complaining again. Hallway rugs were filthy and elevators were dirty. The whole place had a weird vibe. Hate to write this review because I love the hampton inn brand. It needs a deep clean and repairs, hope they do it.

• Stayed: June 2014

I am very sorry that things did not go as they should have when you came. The waiver that we have you sign is to help deter people from smoking in the rooms because they know that they will be charged for it. Unfortunately it does not stop everyone and I apologize that you were affected by it. We have some deep clean processes in place to help this problem, and the other things that you mentioned are also in the process of being taken care of. I hope that if you have the need to stay over night again, you will give us another chance. Thank you for all the feedback!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

This hotel is so accommodating and the staff is wonderful. The full complimentary breakfast is delicious and the warm cookies upon arrival is a nice touch. The rooms are very clean, the duvets are cleaned after each use, there is a small fridge in the room and if you forget something, such as a toothbrush, you just simply ask and you shall receive. The gym is small, but just enough for a good workout, didn't use the indoor pool, but it looked refreshing and clean Parking is ample. If you don't have time for breakfast they have to go grab bags waiting for you. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Smithfield.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for all the kind words!! We appreciate them very much! I love that you were able to experience so many different things that we offer! We try to make sure we have all that anyone could need =) See you next time!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I had one of the most beautiful, spacious rooms I have ever seen, it was enormous and beautifully appointed. Unfortunately, it was a "smoking" room, and I had specifically requested non-smoking. The hotel was sold out so I knew there were no other rooms, but it certainly had that stale smoking smell. Ugh. The staff was great, went above and beyond, but hated spending the night with that odor. I don't understand why Va still allows smoking in their hotels. Otherwise this would have been a 5 star experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for both the kind words and the honest feedback. I am sorry that you had to be in a smoking room while you were here, but I appreciate that you still had kind words for the hotel! We try very hard to ensure that our guest recieve the rooms that they requested - but occasionally something prevents it. We look forward to having you stay with us again =)

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Hampton Inn was a great hotel to stay. Probably the best choice for the area. Close to several restaurants. Staff was wonderful. Complementary Breakfast was good. Pool was smaller than most, but was indoors. Plenty of parking. Air Conditioning was nice and cold in the room.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank 211jonathanh
JDavisTGO, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Smithfield, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

We appreciate the kind words that you have used to describe our hotel. It is a comforting feeling knowing that we did our jobs. Whenever in town please come stay with us again.