“Great Place for Lunch”

Smithfield Gourmet Bakery and Cafe
Ranked #3 of 35 Restaurants in Smithfield
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Smithfield, Virginia
“Great Place for Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

Smithfield Bakery is fantastic for a delightful lunch. They have the best she crab soup in the area. Sandwiches are delicious and deserts are fabulous.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Richard C

Chesapeake, Virginia
“I hope your experience is better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

Maybe we got there when it would be closing in one hour. Maybe we got there on a Friday night. Maybe we got there when the weather was nice outside. But for whatever the reason, it turned out that maybe it just was not our night. The service was slow and the food lacked taste. This was our first and it will be our last time. Therefore the server will not have to worry about working five minutes past closing time by me being there finishing up my meal. The desserts looked good in the display case but when the server chose not to come back and suggest them, I just added it to my bad experience.

I waited over a month before I wrote this evaluation since it was not a positive experience and I was giving myself time to calm down, but I've decided that I would not get over my experience and maybe I can save someone from the same experience by writing this evaluation. However I'm hoping that everyone that does go there will have a great experience and maybe I was just there on an off night.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Danny679
Smithfield, Virginia
“Don't Waste Your Time”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Many people in Smithfield will tell you this is the place to go. It's more like there aren't too many restaurants in Smithfield and this is one of the lesser of several evils. Some of their food is okay but service ranges from average to terrible. Our waitress brought me the wrong order and instead of acknowledging the mistake, attempted to argue with me that that was what I ordered. Though known for their baked good, the meals are better than most of the deserts.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank FawnieM
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Skip the She Crab soup”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

I went on a Wednesday just for the she crab soup and it was a great disappointment. Usually the food is very good but a bit pricey. The desserts are usually fabulous too but I got a blueberry lemon "cupcake" which turned out to be a blueberry muffin with lemon icing on it. Very unhappy this visit. The she crab soup is much better at Smithfield Station.

• Visited March 2014
Yorktown, Virginia
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

The breads are handmade... The cakes...cupcakes are too. ... The sandwiches are so fresh! We were there with family and we go again very soon.

080473, Owner at Smithfield Gourmet Bakery and Cafe, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you so much for visiting us..!! We are so glad you enjoyed our food and service .We hope that you will visit us again soon!!