“Great food, good atmosphere”

Smithfield Gourmet Bakery and Cafe
Ranked #6 of 37 Restaurants in Smithfield
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Stopped for lunch with my mother and my sister and had a great meal. The house-made chips were a great appetizer. The three of us enjoyed our sandwiches (the crispy chicken wrap was delicious) and were very tempted by the desserts. We left satisfied. It was a pleasant visit.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Our first visit here for breakfast. Good coffee. The frittata (light, delicious) was made of fresh ingredients and served with a slice of honey wheat toast made there in the bakery. The eggs over-light were cooked correctly and served with a tasty sausage patty and honey wheat toast. The grits were quite good. The success of this little café is underscored by the fact that management has expanded into a small adjacent building.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

My fiance`and I stopped in to cure our craving for some sweets. I had the German Chocolate cupcake. It was so deliciously yummy that all my energies and senses were focused on it and not my fiance's conversations. But she still loves me!

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Lunch, here, is always a treat, but this time we ventured in for dessert! We ordered a slice of Death by Chocolate! Nine layers tall filled chocolate ganauch, brownies,fudge cake. . .oh my!! A glorious, decadent, FILLING treat!!!!

1  Thank dmadi
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I have dined here about half a dozen times over the past few years. Most recently, I had lunch with my family. The service was attentive and friendly without being overbearing. The food was good all-around. I understand they have a new head chef who was about to update the menu so we'll have to see what changes he has made on our next visit. I wish they were open for dinner more than two nights a week and stayed open past 8 p.m., but that's Smithfield for you.

1  Thank DocChesapeake