“Go out of their Way for You”

The Restaurant at Smithfield Station
Reserve with OpenTable
The Restaurant at Smithfield Station is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 35 Restaurants in Smithfield
Price range: US$9 - US$32
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, View
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The award-winning Restaurant at Smithfield Station is open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner and offers a variety of fine cuisine. Renowned for an extensive menu that places an emphasis on Fresh Local Seafood that combines the flair of legendary Smithfield Ham into many of their dishes. Beautiful Water Views, Reservations Recommended.The Smithfield Station IBX Bar & Grill is also located next door and offers the same great view, but with a more casual setting and great bar specials.
Virginia
“Go out of their Way for You”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Arrived without reservations on Mother's Day. Was told it would be about an hour wait and we asked if we could wait at the bar. No problem...Ordered drinks and an artichoke dip to share. As soon as we received our drinks the host came and told us if we didn't mind sitting outside we could be seated immediately. We actually thought that would be better sitting on the deck as the waterfront view there is georgious and the weather was perfect that day. We were seated and the server came an introduced himself and shortly thereafter he served our appetizer. He recalled serving us Easter Sunday during some conversation with him while placing our order. The service was excellent. I ordered the salmon. There were 2 ways the salmon was prepared, one on the menu and the other was a "Special of the Day". Now the server did make a minor mistake by not bringing me salmon prepared the way I had ordered as I had ordered the Salmon on the regular menu. When he brought our dishes to table, As soon as he raised the warmer lid he realized he his mistake. He apologized and offered to return it and that it would take just a few minutes to prepare a new dish. I said no, that this would be fine. He offered and brought me a side of the Pesto Sauce served with the dish I requested and it went fine with the way my salmon was prepared. Overall our dining experience was very pleasant except for a few annoying gnats flying around which is a small price to pay for a beautiful day outdoors. The food was delicious and the drinks were great! In the end our server did the right thing and did not charge us for the mixed up order and thus we gave him an extra large tip! We ended our visit with a walk along the docks and taking photos with the Pagan River in the background. If you go try the Bacontini!

Visited May 2014

Chester, VA
“A simply wonderful meal !”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

DH and I visited Smithfield Station on a wonderful sunny afternoon and was able to dine on the deck. Our server was very attentive and made our dining even more pleasant. We ordered the spinach artichoke dip with she crab soup and a wedge salad and it was perfect. We always enjoy our meals at the Station. Seated promptly, enjoyed our meal, and average pricing. What more could you want.

Smithfield, Virginia
“Nothing Sweeter”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

There is nothing sweeter then boating to a restaurant. Docking and enjoying a great meal while enjoying amazing water views.

Knotts Island, North Carolina
“unusual service”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

we went to the Smithfield Station restaurant for my wife's 35th birthday and were not impressed. The food was ok but definitely overpriced. I can get the same thing at my local pub for half that price, but it was a special occasion and the setting is beautiful with pleasant views of the sun setting over the pig killing plant. First off, the waitress carded my wife who then had to go back to the car to get her license (she's 35!). Ok, so that might be considered a compliment but then we had to wait another half hour! to get our drinks. Seriously. Our waitress seemed like she was in a different world. We ordered the seafood and pasta and got a half order. Never having been there before we didn't know the sizes of the dish but thought it was rather small. We rarely saw our waitress but when I had taken my last bite of my dinner she appeared immediately with the check at which point I asked for coffee since we had a long ride home. Twenty minutes later, no coffee in hand, she comes back looking for the check. We decided to go to 7-11 on the way home and get our coffee. Over all, I would say maybe we got a tired waitress on a bad night. The whole atmosphere is nice and I don't mind paying for over priced food for a special occasion,i think the management should up grade the service. We sat way too long with nothing in front of us and the waitress was totally uninterested to warrant paying $30.00 a plate.

Grottoes, Virginia
“Enjoyable restaurant”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

This restaurant has breakfast for people staying at Smithfield Station. Because it was a slow time there was a very nice lady who made omelets, scrambled eggs and waffles for you. Of course there was juice, cereal, muffins, toast, bacon, etc. The food was at proper temperature and the area very clean.

We did have dinner there one night, as part of our Travel Zoo deal we got a $25.00 gift card. We ordered Top Sirloin and Scampi, Filet Mignon and Iced Teas. The food was cooked to perfection and very tasty.

This is definitely a place you should try when in Smithfield. There is outdoor seating (obviously not used in March) and the restaurant has very pleasant views of the River and Marina. The service was excellent and the restaurant was quite busy.

We did make a reservation for dinner and found a "reserved" sign on a table for two by the window. Several other tables were reserved also. As the restaurant became busy we could see why people made reservations.

Visited March 2014