“Top Notch Accommodation and Restaurant”
Review of Smithfield Station

Smithfield Station
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Smithfield
GreenLeadersGold level
Troy, Virginia
“Top Notch Accommodation and Restaurant”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

From the time we arrived at the very well appointed Smithfield Station Inn, we received excellent service in a super friendly environment. Special thanks to Beth, who welcomed us and to Holly who served our delicious anniversary dinner. Our 3rd floor room overlooking the Pagan River was lovely and comfortable in every way possible. The "continental breakfast" was much more than expected - made-to-order omelets were deliciously prepared by yet another super employee. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
rpack76, Guest Relations Manager at Smithfield Station, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you Kathleen D for your feedback on your stay with us. It is always great to hear that we are doing our jobs well. We always strive to make our guests feel welcome and give the best possible customer service. We appreciate you letting us know that we were successful in making you feel right at home. We certainly hope you will visit us again soon and once again we appreciate you sharing your comments about your experience at The Smithfield Station. .

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The Lee family had an awesome time this weekend. The rooms were amazing, the food was absolutely delicious and the service was great. Everyone was very accommodating I am looking forward to our next visit. We told our sister that we want to have the family gathering at the Smithfield Station again soon. If I could afford to I would have my retirement party here next year when I retire, but we'll see. Anyway, you will see us again hopefully next trip we can get the "free" breakfast. Thanks again for a wonderful weekend!

Room Tip: My husband and I fell in love with our room, we will never forget it Room 160, even though we did no...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your comments about your stay with us at The Smithfield Station. it was a pleasure getting to know all of you "family" We are delighted that you had a great time. We certainly hope you will contact us about your retirement party...we would love to have you come back for another celebration. Once again thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon.
Midlothian, Virginia
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I can’t express how much I appreciate all the hard work the owners and staff of this hotel went through to make my wedding this past weekend a success. It was absolutely the exact wedding that I hoped for. From the moment I sent the initial email asking if they could accommodate my short notice and all of the things I wanted to the end of the Sunday brunch I felt as though I was their most important customer! Every detail from the rooms to the flowers to the cake and food to the choice of photographer and officiate were spot on. Just thinking back to how lovely the boat ride was and the beautiful location they took us to for our ceremony on the river brings tears to my eyes. Their dedication to the success of my wedding weekend made the entire event perfect. I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: The deluxe king with jacuzzi and fireplace and balcony is perfect for a romantic getaway room
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
rpack76, Guest Relations Manager at Smithfield Station, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you Michelle K for your wonderful review of The Smithfield Station. We just love our brides and we love weddings !. I am so glad that your wedding was everything you had dreamed of and you chose us to be a part of your special day. Your wedding day should be special and memorable and it appears it was perfect. It was such a pleasure working with you planning your wedding. Congratulations on your marriage and we hope you will return soon Once again thank you for your comments. Hope to see you for the celebration of your anniversary!!
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed 8 June 2014

There was so much to like about this inn that I almost feel bad that I have some negative things to say also. Let me start by saying that overall, I am glad I stayed here. It was peaceful and quiet, it was charming and quaint, and it was romantic when the sun set over the water. So first, the pluses: the woman who checked us in was friendly and helpful; the room itself on the boardwalk was cute, clean and included a mini-fridge; the bathroom was clean and nicely decorated and the shower was good; the view from the room was terrific (see photos); and the free breakfast was a step up from the typical "free breakfast buffet" because the scrambled eggs actually tasted good! The only minuses were the bed and the light. The bed was good, but rather soft. This felt good during more romantic moments, but was a little uncomfortable for overnight sleeping. Now, I realize that everyone is different and if you like a softer bed, you would probably like this one so I can't really fault the inn for not pleasing everyone. However, I also had a problem with the amount of light in the room at night. The blinds did not block enough of the bright lights right outside our window during the night, nor the sun in the morning. I personally like to sleep in a darker room. However, I do recommend this place to anyone who doesn't mind some light and a softer bed at night.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about your stay with us. We so enjoy hearing our guests feedback and appreciate the time you spent here with us at The Station. We are sorry that you were inconvenienced with the mattress and lighting. We hope you will return again soon We will do our best to find you the perfect room for your stay.
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Smithfield Station was a great place for a family get together. The party was on the first floor of the Lighthouse with great views and fun atmosphere. The food was super, too. I stayed in the hotel in a very comfortable room with balcony overlooking the marina. It was clean, quiet and elegant. The staff was friendly and helpful. There is a great park across the street where I took nice walks with lovely water views. I would definitely return if I have occasion to be in
Smithfield again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
rpack76, Guest Relations Manager at Smithfield Station, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
We do so appreciate your wonderful comments about your stay with us at The Smithfield Station. It sounds like your family had a wonderful time enjoying our Lighthouse. What a great place for your family to get together. We are glad you enjoyed your stay here with us and hope you will travel back to Virginia soon. . Once again thank you for your feedback.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This is a very nice hotel! The hotel is clean and is more of an Inn than a hotel. The staff was tremendous. So helpful and so friendly. The room was not large but was adequate and clean. The bed was comfortable. The breakfast was included and good. The grounds are beautiful with docks and boats. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
We do so appreciate your feedback on your stay here at The Smithfield Station. Guests opinions of our hotel are so important to us. it appears from your review that we are doing the right things to insure you have the best experience possible. We appreciate your comments and are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you will have another opportunity to visit with us again soon.
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My husband and I recently spent our anniversary in Smithfield and stayed at the Smithfield Station Lodge. The accommodations were perfect: balcony view overlooking the Pagan River, spacous room with faux fireplace, large bathroom with granite counter. Upon our late night arrival, we were greeted by a very freindly and extremely helpful desk clerk who continued to check on us daily throughout our stay. Service was outstanding!
Across the street is the beautiful Windsor Castle Park with a 3 mile loop walking trail and state-of-the-art kayak/canoe launch. The biking in and around Smithfield is fabulous too. All in all, Smithfield is a wonderful place for a weekend getaway.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you Lynn M for your review of our hotel. It appears by your comments that you had a wonderful time here at our hotel and in the Town of Smithfield. We do love our Windsor Castle Park and as you stated it does offer wonderful scenic trails and great kayaking. We do appreciate your feedback about your room and our staff. We are glad you enjoyed your visit and we would love for your to return again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smithfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Smithfield
Kingsmill Resort
Kingsmill Resort
#7 of 74 in Williamsburg
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,555 reviews

Been to Smithfield Station? Share your experiences!