“Nothing special but will do in a pinch”

Anna's Ristorante Pasta Vino
Ranked #10 of 36 Restaurants in Smithfield
Cuisines: Italian
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
“Nothing special but will do in a pinch”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I have only been to this establishment once so my opinion is only based on the pizza and salad. I found the pizza to be very bland and nothing special. There are other "Anna's" pizza shops throughout the Peninsula that I really like and found the other others to have excellent pizza!

I was disappointed but the server was pleasant and the salad was ok. Eat-in pizza restaurants are limited in Smithfield and I am sure some people are OK with this place, but I was underwhelmed. I didn't expect anything close to fine dining but do expect an place like this to have decent pizza. Again, it was ok but I would not rush back.

Will I give it another chance? Yes, as everyone has an off day.

• Visited April 2014

Richmond, Virginia
“Meh...”
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

Having heard all of the buzz around this place I was anxious to try this Italian restaurant. To my disappointment the food was bland, service was average. The garlic knots were pretty good but the salad was sad it consisted of iceburg lettuce and three strips of red onions. The chicken Parmesan tasted like it was store brought, however the spaghetti noodles were the perfect texture. I don't know if I would return again, perhaps if this was an only option.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank brittanywoolfolk
Smithfield, Virginia
“Awful”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

When we first moved to Smithfield, we thought we'd try Anna's. We ordered pizza and it was the worst pizza we've ever had. We returned a second time thinking perhaps pizza is just not their thing and ordered hoagies. Worst hoagies on the planet. Some Smithfieldians think Anna's is a good place to eat. Those who will tell you so are folks whose idea of good pizza includes Pizza Hut and Dominos. If you like good Italian food, this isn't it.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank FawnieM
Province of Naples, Italy
“Never Fails to Please”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This local favorite has never let us down. The food is fresh and the service is lovely. They have a good beer selection and their wine pours are plentiful. My favorite item is the Margarita type pizza but, the pasta and fish dishes are also delicious.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Mark and Teresa C
Smithfield, Virginia
“Owners and Food Great! Customers have NO MANNERS!!!”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My husband, Bruce, and children have eaten at Anna's since 1982! We love the owners. Natalie, Josie and the family are the warmest and most loving people you could ever meet! We are both 70 now and have high blood pressure and my husband has had two strokes. While he attended his 100 year old mom's funeral, I went alone to eat at Anna's on Feb. 16th. The place was packed with three parties, loads of young children and older people. I sat alone and made not a sound! The obnoxious noise from all of these people was horrid! IT WAS WORSE THAN A KINDERGARTEN!! The children would not remain in their seats and constantly got up running around, talking loudly and nearly knocking over servers with heavy trays of food!!! One boy was sitting licking his plate and no one noticed. IT SOUNDED LIKE A HUGE FIGHT GOING ON!!
The more people came in, the louder the noise from these immature people became...talking loudly and shrilly at the top of their lungs! My blood pressure began to rise as I sat quietly trying to eat my salad I PAID FOR!! AFTER ALL I WAS A PAYING CUSTOMER, TOO! I now and then began to cover my ears to help my blood pressure stop rising. My server was upset for me and she was beside herself because of the poor lack of manners from all of these immature customers!! One couple finally got up to leave from their party of about 22 people and as they passed my table, they verbally attacked me for covering my ears and announced that "This is a family restaurant, MAM!! They are JUST children!!" They continued to yell at me while I tried to explain I was a paying customer, too, and could not enjoy my food I paid for due to all of the uncalled for loud noise!! I went home shaking and upset and wrote a long apology to the owners for "covering my ears and being TOO QUIET!! I drove back TO the place and handed it to the young hostess and began crying trying to explain my attack to her!! people today have NO manners or respect for anyone in a public place!!!!! They should stay home!! They NEED to teach their children manners and learn some themselves before going out to a restaurant!! My family told me next time this happens to call the police immediately if I am attacked!! NO excuse for it!!!!! The owners were near by while these idiots hammered away at me and they said NOTHING AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!! GROW UP PARENTS AND PULL UP YOUR PARENT PANTS!!!!!! ACT LIKE ADULTS, FOR GOD SAKE!!!!! Restaurants needs sign stating...."YOUR GOOD MANNERS ARE APPRECIATED!!"

• Visited February 2014