“OWTC might be under new ownership soon!”
Review of Olde World Tea Co - CLOSED

Olde World Tea Co
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
broadway, va
“OWTC might be under new ownership soon!”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We stopped by Julie's shop and were saddened to hear that she has put her business up for sale. She has been called by God to do some missionary work. She told us a story about how she had to stop preparing food for the shop due to her allergies. She still has an extensive inventory of teas and tea supplies. Stop by and wish her well as she begins her next journey. It can no longer be called a restaurant as I didn't see any food being prepared. She does however have drinks available!

Visited July 2013

Middleton, Wisconsin
“Best thing about Smithfield!”
Reviewed 13 March 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a delightful lunch here last weekend. Their homemade soups and tarts are extraordinary! Julie explains the menu quite well so you know what you are getting. My broccoli cheddar tart was very yummy!
Unfortunately they will not be serving tables soon as they are changing to a cooking school and offering food to go. It will be a loss for visitors to Smithfield!

• Visited March 2013
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“"I Will Return"”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

My sister and our two friends were out for a "girls day out." We came upon OWTC on our self guided walking tour of Smithfield. We were excited about the menu and the fact that my friend's special diet was easily accomodated. We sat in the upstairs dining area, and never felt forgotten or abandoned. The staff are very friendly and customer service oriented. It is like eating gormet at home, it is cozy and nicely decorated. The supply of tea was quite a variety...good for anything that ails you. Don't think I will eat anywhere else while I am in Smithfield.

• Visited January 2013
Isle of Wight, Virginia, United States
“Julie and her staff are awesome!”
Reviewed 18 December 2012

OWTC has an intimate and warm atmosphere and if weather permits, enjoy taking luncheon outside. From their soups, sandwiches, teas, and desserts, you leave quite full. They keep an exotic selection of teas and baked goods worthy of a must visit in Smithfield or the region.

• Visited December 2012
Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Another Great Lunch!!!!”
Reviewed 23 November 2012

My husband and I have been stopping at the Olde World Tea Co since they opened and everything they have is wonderful! All of their food is homemade and they readily cater to every appetite, dietary need and taste of the day. The first time you walk into the door, you might be a stranger, but you become a friend before you leave and for every visit afterwards! The owner Julie and her staff are extremely personable, friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. We love everything from the homemade soups, sandwiches and salads and can't leave without trying at least one (and usually many more) desserts. If you're in Smithfield, you MUST stop here!!!! You won't be sorry!

• Visited November 2012