Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - South Boston
Hudson Motel(South Boston)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 September 2013

It appears I am 0 for 2 on my last two trips to the mid-atlantic. My son was racing at South Boston Speedway this past weekend and all the brand hotels were booked. The only option in SoBo for us and our crew was this hotel. We drove up and all the cars were backed into their respective parking spaces. Not a crime but definitely different. Not sure if they were all planning to run should the residents of the mobile home park across from the hotel decided to invade. I looked up on the second level and there was a room with the door open and two beds, box springs and all, leaning against the wall. Based on the look of the rest of the property I am guessing that was not a room under renovation, but I could be wrong. Then one of the other guests walked out in his jailhouse pajamas to empty his garbage can in the dumpster out front. The final straw was the young mother smoking a joint while her kids ran about the parking lot. Needless to say I did not even get out of the car. I called another hotel and luckily they had cancellations and we moved. I never actually stepped into one of the rooms, just the view of the bedroom and the trailer park neighbors was enough for me. Hotel snob, hardly. Fear of crime, very much so.

Room Tip: stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank jimaudie
ABVISOBO, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - South Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear jimaudie,

Thank you for sharing a review with us. I am disappointed to hear that you were given a negative impression of our property. We have recently renovated our rooms and apologize for the mess. We take great pride in our facilities and try our best to please each and every guest. I am sorry that we could not meet your expectations.

Reviewed 26 January 2013

I stay at this motel every week on my travels to Annin Flag Makers affordable, clean and confortable. Owner and staff are very friendly and helpfull they will do what ever it takes to make your stay the best it can be. With coffee and tea in your room, Microwave, and best of all a hot shower, and a free breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
ABVISOBO, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - South Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Dear Randy H,

Thank you for sharing a traveler opinion with us. We are proud to have you as our guest. I am also very pleased to hear that you enjoy our clean rooms and hot breakfast. I appreciate your business.
If there is anything I can do to make your stays more enjoyable, please let me know.

Americas Best Value Inn and Suites-South Boston,VA

Reviewed 16 November 2012

Traveling on a tight budget and just needed a place to spend the night, there were several options. This was the most affordable. Not fancy or updated, it was clean and comfortable.
They offered hot breakfast in the morning, but be sure to get it early. Its not fancy by any means, but it is hot food.

Anyone expecting a brand new hotel and lots of fancy features will be disappointed. This is a great value. Enjoy.

Room Tip: I chose to stay in a room at the rear of the facility to be away from the highway. My room was in the very rear and at a lower level all together. I first thought moisture might be an issue, but my room was clean and dry. The rear courtyard might also be quiet. Families might wish to stay out front to be in line of sight of the pool.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Dear Colin J,

On behalf of the staff and management of Americas Best Value Inn, I would like to personally thank you for writing a review with us. I appreciate the honest feedback regarding our hot breakfast and affordable rates. We hope that you stay with us again should you return to the area.

Reviewed 12 July 2012

unacceptable hotel,the room was not clean hair and bugs littered the bathrm flr, the odor of room was unbearable,dingy linen,the rest of the bed is left to the imagination, not for family,room size of large bathrm with a clutter of furniture, no space. childrn have allergies they begin sneezing, very disappointing could nt stay!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank carolyn h
ABVISOBO, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - South Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2012

Carolyn H,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review with us. I am concerned about the issues you encountered during your stay. We do inspect rooms each and every day. If you had informed us of any issues, we would have gladly changed your room. I apologize again for any inconveniences.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

Me and my family have stayed there plenty of times, while on vacation in South Boston, Va
The rates are good, the staff is friendly.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

Lepena F,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We have recently changed Brands to Americas Best Value Inn-one of the fastest growing hotel chains. We hope that you stay with us again in the future.