“I love that they allow dogs!”

Super 8 South Boston VA
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in South Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Stayed here for two nights. There were several of us that had dogs - decent amount of grass surrounding the hotel to walk dogs. The room was clean and the staff was friendly. Exactly what I expected from a Super 8.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Lisha B, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 South Boston VA, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words. Hope everything is going ok. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next stay with us. If I can help in any way please feel free to contact me at either 434-572-8868 or email super8southboston@gmail.com

Until next time, happy and safe travels.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

My fiance' and I have stayed at this Super 8 everytime we visited South Boston, VA. South Boston was his home. Only this time I was alone with my labrador, "leatle". You see my fiance' passed away 7 months ago and this was my first time back since his death to buy a tombstone, and it was his birthday. I brought flowers with me because I had no clue where I would get them in South Boston. When I bought them I wanted balloons, but they told me that they would deflate in the cold, so I opted to just bring the flowers. When I checked in another guest at the desk, myself, and the manager got into the same conversation that I talking about here. Naturally, they were sympathetic to my visit. I checked in that night about 11pm, and the next morning the manager knocked on my door. To my suprise and disbelief there he stood with 5 balloons. Three white and two blue. I was so taken back I can't tell you how far. Who would do this? Who would even care? My trip is done and I'm back home now, but I will go back to South Boston, and there is no where else that I would want to stay than at the Super 8. The manager "AB" and his loving wife were wonderful human beings who went the extra distance to make my stay the best it could be. May they be blessed ten fold. So when your in South Boston, VA and need a place to lay your head, know that the Super 8 will make it everything that you need. Thanks again to AB for being a wonderful person!!!!!

Room Tip: Have a pet, stay in room 128 to 131. But only when I'm not there..lol
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank WWHButters57
Lisha B, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 South Boston VA, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you so much for writing a review of us! I think of all the things we're busy with in our lives but you stopped for just a few minutes to let us know what you thought that is so nice .Please come back and see us .

Reviewed 26 January 2014

I stayed here a total of 7 nights between 2 weeks and had a great experience. I was in town for my mother who was in the hospital and ended up passing away, the staff was great and very accommodating. I would highly recommend staying here if you are in South Boston.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Lisha B, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 South Boston VA, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. I hope if you are ever in need of a room in this area again you will think of us.

Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

I am a truck driver who stays here twice a week. The rooms are very clean and I love the flat screen tv's. The staff is very friendly and the free breakfast is decent. I would recommend this to anyone staying a few nights.

• Stayed: January 2014
Lisha B, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 South Boston VA, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Thanks so much for your review. I am pleased your stay was comfortable and the staff was helpful and friendly. We pride ourselves in making our guests feel at home. I hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

I stay in alot of motels in my trade and so I see them all. This one was one of the top notch super 8's. It was very clean, very well lit up outside and very convenient to reach of route 58. The front desk clerk was very friendly and also very helpful with giving me directions. I will stay here again. Dallas Y.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Lisha B, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 South Boston VA, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Thank you for choosing our hotel as your stopover spot during your recent road trip. We realize you have many choices when it comes to lodging, and we sincerely appreciate your business. I'm glad you like what and how we do things here and really appreciate your recognition of jobs well done by our team. We look forward to welcoming you back and serving you here again.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Clean, comfortable, attractive room, nice and quiet at a nice price. Everything worked well, staff was very pleasant and accomodating. This is definitely a "cut above" most Super 8's, and we've stayed at plenty of them. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Would recommend it to anyone passing through. It was a very restful night for us.the owner and his wife are very dedicated to making sure you have a positive stay there.I like how they are pet friendly yet no smell from past pets staying in the room.

• Stayed: January 2014
Lisha B, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 South Boston VA, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise concerning our property during your recent stay with us.

Given the very nature of hotel business, the hours are long and demanding. Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That’s why it’s truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say “THANK YOU”.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night’s stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it’s only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.

Again, let me thank you for your kind words. We’re committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit.