“WARNING: DONT GO TO THIS HOTEL”

Days Inn & Suites South Boston
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in South Boston
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“WARNING: DONT GO TO THIS HOTEL”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

For starters front desk customer service is poor, very unprofessional individuals. Secondly, the room are gross. Mold on the walls, wall paper peeling back. The tub is the worst, its peeling on the inside and whats not peeling is dirty..I had to take a shower with my shoes on. I asked for a non-smoking room and it appears to have an odor. Don't know weather it was smoke or mildew but whatever it was smelled poorly. Wanted to change but no more rooms were available. The LINEN feels as if you're on a rocky mountain: lint balls for days on in. The towels and bath clothes look as if they had been used on a car because the were filthy when asked housekeeping for more towels, I was told that was all they had while the housekeeper proceeding to chit chat away on her cell phone...WOW unbelievable!!!! Trash behind the nightstands as well. Lastly, you have to walk downstairs if you are upstairs for ice. A friend stayed there sometime last year and stated that the ice machine upstairs wasn't working then. How ironic? Was it ever fixed? I recommend this hotel to no one. Its not like an Holiday Inn Express I've ever stay at. Can we say DISGUSTING! THIS HOTEL IS A JOKE....Poor customer service and the Hotel is falling apart. This Holiday Inn Express is in the worst condition. Probably would have been better off staying in the Super 8 down the street. (Although it looks creepy as well).

Room Tip: Advised to stay away from this nastiness.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Annoyed P
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn & Suites South Boston, responded to this review, 1 October 2012
Dear Annoyed P,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to write a review of our hotel. We strive every day to create special experiences one guest at a time and I am truly sorry we did not manage this for your stay. I am very disappointed to hear of the inconveniences you experienced during your stay and would like to address your concerns in further details. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Janice A.
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

My husband and I were moving my mother to South Boston from Florida and stayed at this Holiday Inn Express. Due to a delay in Florida, I was seven hours later than my husband arriving at the hotel. I called the hotel at 1 pm to make sure he could check in, since the room was under my name. (In fact, my last words to the person on the phone were "I don't want there to be any problems later.") When my husband arrived, he also told the desk person that I would be very late arriving. When I arrived at 1:30 am, the person at the desk told me I couldn't have a key to the room, said she was sorry and then stared at me like she expected me to just leave.
I had to ask her twice to look up the reservation and forced her to look at my ID and the printed confirmation I had. She seemed to believe that I would seriously just accept her decision and wander back out into the night to sleep on a park bench or something.
After several minutes of arguing, she finally gave me a key to the room. This experience was the opposite of no problems and certainly the last thing I needed at the end of a very long day.
When I finally got to bed, the linens were rough and I'm pretty sure there were rubber sheets on the mattress.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn & Suites South Boston, responded to this review, 18 September 2012
Dear sdoolin718,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Janice A.

Travellers are raving about these South Boston hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2012

Any positive reviews of this hotel must be fake, because it was the worst hotel room I have ever stayed in. I walked in the room and my first impression was that it smelled bad. I realized the next morning that smell was mold--it was growing on the side of the TV armoire. The room was dingy, the bathroom was worse, and the sheets were ancient and pilling--very uncomfortable. I will never stay here again and wish I checked Trip Advisor before making a reservation.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Clover, Virginia, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2012

this holiday inn express is the best one i ever stayed at! i will be definetley be staying there again the next time im in town. the prices are great staff is friendly and the service is wonderful . the breakfast is like a 4star resturuant.

Room Tip: any room it is great.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Jessica N
Kareem B, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn & Suites South Boston, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Dear Jessica N ,

Thank you so much for sharing your good experience that you had when you stayed with us, that makes us work even harder to make everybody's stay more enjoyable
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

I paid $114 for one night stay at this location on 6/20. Figured since it was a Holiday Inn, it would be decent. I was wrong. The room just looked old and shabby. The linens were nice, but the room itself was disgusting. I went into the room and put drinks for work the next day in the refrigerator. Took them out in the morning- same temperature as they were when I put them in. It didn't work. The lights wouldn't turn on when I went to turn them on, so I pulled out the nightstand- there was a dead bug and a used, bent Q-tip behind it. Disgusting. The AC didn't work well, the bathroom was dingy, the toilet ran all night long, and to top it off, I requested a 5:45 am wake up call that wasn't delivered until 6 am. I should have just driven the extra 30 mins to get where I was going...

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank KristinRN78
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn & Suites South Boston, responded to this review, 25 July 2012
Dear KristinRN78,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the unacceptable service and room accommodations you received. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations. We work very hard to be the best hotel around that provides world class excellence. For that reason, I will make sure your comments will be looked into. I have sent you a private message to obtain additional details regarding your experience during your stay. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Seaside hts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights after a busy week , hotel was very clean , friendly staff and good breakfast , i had the presidents suite on the 1st floor which had two rooms that were extremly comfortable . The front desk service was absolutely wonderful specialy the manager over there he is well trained and responsible person we had a problem with the next door customers they were making too much noise we called the front desk and we talked to "kimo" he saw how incredibly upset i was and quickly stepped into action!!! And he apologized to us as it was his fault and change us to another presidents suite , he didnt panic and he went out of his way to be nice to me and my wife. If u are comming to holiday inn express in south boston and u have any issues just say the magic word " kimoooooooooooooo " and he will be infront of u to deal with the issue . "kimo" thank u very much and we will always be in contact with u also i must let u know that we are coming back in july with all of our family members be ready for us ..........

Room Tip: Ask for kimo before u check in
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Kingarthur420
Kareem B, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn & Suites South Boston, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear satisfied guest,

Our staff are very happy to see their efforts result in a great experience for you. Thank you for sharing your experience about our excellent hotel and we look forward to your visit with your whole family on your next visit. It was our pleasure to have you be our guest!

Glad you had a safe journey home!
Kingspor
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

I travel frequently and Corporate has preferred hotels for us to stay at. From the outside the hotel looks OK. The common areas - look fair and have the newer Holiday Inn Express appearance. The rooms on the other hand are AWFUL. The decor is outdated and even worse the rooms are dirty and dingy. The towels and floor mat in the bathroom were torn and had holes. My shoes stuck to the floor in the bathroom and I won't even bother to describe the carpet beyond dark and stainned.

The heat \ AC unit groaned all night and rattled the window above. The refrigerator also made so much noise that I just unplugged it and replugged it when I left.

The gap around the door and no closer was also a safety concern.

Avoid this place. There is a brand new Fairfield down the road - when I come back to the area that's where I plan on staying

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank J G
IHGCare, Guest Relations Case Manager at Days Inn & Suites South Boston, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
Dear J G,

Thank you for your most recent stay with us.
I am sorry that we fell below your expectaions.
We are hospitality proffesionals and strive to be the best.
I hope you have a chance to stay with us again.

Katie J
#1 of 2 in Clarksville
Innkeeper Roxboro
Innkeeper Roxboro
#2 of 3 in Roxboro

Been to Days Inn & Suites South Boston? Share your experiences!