“"Great staff and great hotel ''”

Days Inn & Suites South Boston
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in South Boston
Nj lakewood
“"Great staff and great hotel ''”
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

I stay here every two weeks for two nights , I really like it so much , clean environment and friendly staff , thank you very much the staff at holliday inn . Breakfast is great , clean pool. Housekeepers cleaning your room perfectly everyday .

1 Thank David C
Kareem B, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn & Suites South Boston, responded to this review, 18 August 2013
Dear David C,

On behalf of the staff and management of the Holiday inn express I would like to Thank you for sharing a traveler opinion with us. We are proud to have you as our guest. We are also very pleased to hear that you enjoy our clean rooms and hot breakfast. We really appreciate your business.
If there is anything We can do to make your stays more enjoyable, please Feel free to let us know.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I stay here whenever I'm up visiting family in Halifax County. The breakfast alone makes it worth it. I saved so much money on breakfast. As a family of four (picky people at that) there is something for everyone, the pancake machine is a huge hit.

Rooms were clean. Lobby was clean. Pool was nice and clean with shade for us adults to sit under and watch the kids swim.

My hair dryer was on the fritz, making crazy noises, so I called down and maintenance came up to fix it. They sent the supervisor, MO, with a brand new one. He apologized profusely and made sure the new one was functioning properly before he left. He recognized us in the morning and asked if we had anymore problems with our room.

• Stayed August 2013
Kareem B, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn & Suites South Boston, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Dear Ruth M,

Thank you so much for sharing your good experience that you had when you stayed with us, that makes us work even harder to make everybody's stay more enjoyable. And For Sure we will let MO See Your kind words .
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

I obsolutely love this hotel! My boyfriend and I stay here often as our "get away".. The new carpets and bathrooms look great and the staff is wonderful!! Kimo at the desk is the best he is always there and helps us out in any way he can. We always pick this location great place!

• Stayed August 2013
Kareem B, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn & Suites South Boston, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
North Dakota
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Some of the negative reviews puzzle me because it doesn't sound like the same property! Well, I can share my experience to say it wasn't bad. I booked a couple of nights at the last minute for a funeral. I have family in the area and I've stayed at a few different properties in the area and this was the best hotel so far. We arrived around 2pm on a Sunday and waited about 20 minutes for a room to be ready. We were happy they had a room because we'd just been on the road for about 17 hours.

On the outside, the hotel looks nice, and the lobby and halls look great. Upon closer inspection in the rooms, there are many wear and tear items that need to be addressed. Some wall paper issues, wear on furniture, walls, locks on doors looked worn. The bathroom looked fairly new, but it looked like they did a terrible job stripping the old wallpaper and painted over lots of bumps and textures and fuzzy looking things.

The breakfast had many items and was sufficient. Most of the items were canned/refrigerated or frozen items that were likely microwaved and then placed under the heat lamps. But, the items were plentiful and for the rate, quite decent. There was also fresh fruit, yogurt and a small refrigerator that had hard boiled eggs and cartons of milk. A plus is that the breakfast is open until 10am every day, which is not common. There were lots of work crew at the property who are likely staying there as they work on local construction projects but I didn't notice them acting terribly. I only saw them early in the morning at breakfast and they were probably gone at work all day.

In general, for the rate we paid, which was around $69, I felt the hotel was sufficient. It just looks as though they need to do a better job addressing the areas that are worn. The property was what I needed and a good value. If I thought I'd spend more time in the room and was there more for leisure, I likely would have chosen the Fairfield a few blocks down, but I did not want to pay that rate this time.

If you do go for leisure, check out the Charles Bass House - you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Naomi S
Dear Cdame

Thank you So much for taking your time to review our property and share your experience , I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction is the utmost importance to us , We will address this points and will work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is. and thank you again for mentioning the negative reviews and share with everybody that " it doesn't sound like the same property"
Norlina, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 July 2013

The staff was friendly, rooms were clean, beds were comfortable. The free breakfast was even quite good. My husband and I enjoyed our stay and will be back. Make sure to check out Bistro 1888 while you're in South Boston. It's a little pricey but the BEST restaurant ever. Loved it.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Kareem B, Public Relations Manager at Days Inn & Suites South Boston, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Dear Amy M

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. Our hardworking, dedicated staff are thankful for your kind words . We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and you love our breakfast and we are so looking forward for your next visit . thank you again
Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

I stay here on business. Staff is always helpful. Best breakfast I've had at a express. They make home made spiced apples on the breakfast bar. Gotta love them. Rooms are a little small but very comfortable and clean.

• Stayed July 2013
Kareem B, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn & Suites South Boston, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Dear Beekeeper49
Virginia Beach
Reviewed 22 July 2013

The wallpaper was splitting away and exposing mold covered walls. Shower heads was moldy. Spoke to front guest and they moved to another room that was just as bad. We could not stay there for one night so we checked out at midnight and went and found another hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn & Suites South Boston, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Dear Kim M,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express South Boston, MA. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Dhan M

#1 of 3 in Roxboro
Magnuson Hotel on the Lake
Magnuson Hotel on the Lake
#1 of 2 in Clarksville

Been to Days Inn & Suites South Boston? Share your experiences!