“Wonderful Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Oak Grove Plantation Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in South Boston
Oak Grove Plantation Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 South Boston B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2005

My weekend at Oak Grove was billed as a "woman's retreat". And it was. I met some very nice people and will go back as often as I can. I came away less stressed and ready to tackle my busy life. Pickett, the owner, started me out with some slow stretches and a Reiki session. The next day after breakfast, I ventured out with a packed lunch of a rice salad, ice tea, fruit and cookies. That evening, I dined at a local restaurant and was treated like a queen! And the food was fantastic. Sunday, after breakfast Pickett drove me to another B and B, and I met Linda. Linda gave me a full body massage and ministered to me at the same time. It was a very satisfying experience. This was the first time I was able to connect with the owner as a friend. I will go back!

Stayed August 2005

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2005

Stayed at Oak Grove Plantation in Cluster Spings, Va. on August 20, 2005. We had a wedding to attend that evening and knew all the family would already have company so I search the web for Bed & Breakfast in Virginia. Came up with 2 or 3. When I viewed the pictures and details, I made contact to see if a room was available. It was and we booked it. We arrived about 5:00 pm and needed to be at the wedding at 7:00. So we rushed in met everyone and was shown to our room and offer lemonade, tea, and cookies. The lemonade was great. Immediately got dressed to go to the wedding and came out to our truck and it would not start. And our wonderful host drove us at least 20 miles to the wedding. What a hostess. We did not have much time to look around the Plantation Grounds because we had to return back to SC because my Mother is ill. However, we had a wonderful, tasteful, colorful and very delicious breakfast and the company, including family and one other guest was very comfortable. Just like being at home. Our room was lovely, clean and bright. Enjoyable trip.

• Stayed August 2005, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2005

Oak Grove Planation is a great place to go if you are looking for peace and quiet, and you want to get back to the good old days.

We had a mini class reunion there recently and it was just wonderful. We had plenty of time to relax and talk together. The plantation house is a big old house with large rooms. We could get our whole group around the dining room table for meals. Mrs. Mary Pickett Craddock is a great hostess. She really makes you feel at home.

I highly recommend Oak Grove Plantation.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2005

I just spent nearly two weeks at Oak Grove Plantation at a women's college reunion. What a wonderful experience it was! The locale was southern comfort personified. Open, large sunny rooms, very comfy beds, well kept agounds, attentive, perceptive innkeeper and family, very knowledgeable about the history of the plantation itself and about the surrounding areas. great food, creative and abundant. Need I say more??!! All in all, our stay was relaxing and interesting and fun.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2005

Oak Grove Plantation is a lovely old home that is still, more or less, in its original state. Settled in a lovely, but rural part of Virginia it is a pleasure to find an inn still run by the original family. The rooms are large and quiet. There is one room w/ handicap and bath ensuite. The rooms upstairs share a comunal bath that is large and close by. You feel as if you were staying at a friend's home. There is no fuss, but some lovely antiques are in evidence throughout the house. Breakfast is a hearty meal served in the dinning room on the family china by Pickett who inherited the home from her parents. There are some trails to hike and bike on and several very good restaurants in neighboring towns. A very lovely place for a few friends to gather for a special weekend or if you are touring the area by bike. Well priced. Car recommended.

Bluff House