“Comfortable Hotel”

Fairfield Inn & Suites South Boston
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in South Boston
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We were traveling thru Virginia on motorcycle to visit family. South Boston was a good stopping point for us. After being in some family owned inns and lodges on our two week trip, we thought we would try The Fairfield Inn for a treat.

The staff was very friendly and helpful for giving us some dining options. The room was great and the bed very comfortable!

The breakfast options in the morning were great and the whole layout spacious. Most places we have stayed everyone is in one small area all trying to get their food. Fairfield Inn had plenty of room!

Great place to stay!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Vicki07

Reviewed 29 September 2013

I had to travel to South Boston for business. There weren't too many hotels to choose from in this area, and I saw this one had very good reviews on TripAdvisor. It didn't disappoint. The price was reasonable, and the condition of the hotel is excellent. It is a newer property and is very well maintained. The bed was comfortable, and I didn't hear any noise from any other rooms or the hallway, so I slept very well. The room was clean and had all the amenities I needed. I didn't think I was going to have a fridge and microwave, but the nice lady at the front desk told me on arrival that she had found one for me with these amenities since my stay was pretty long (4 nights). I really appreciated that thoughtfulness. One thing families with young children should consider ... my room had a stand-up shower, no bath tub. Not sure if all rooms are like this or not. The wireless internet is free; you don't even need a code to get on; it was also one of the fastest hotel wireless connections I've ever had. The daily free breakfast was good, even including sausage, eggs and waffles each day along with the various typical continental breakfast items. Even when I went a half hour before the end of breakfast, there was still plenty of good food available. The staff said good morning to me every day. All staff here was very pleasant all the time. The indoor pool is the perfect temperature and is clean, and the hot tub felt great at the end of the day. I highly recommend this hotel if you are staying in South Boston.

Room Tip: The hotel is built on a hill, so the second floor rooms on the back side of the hotel are actually a...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Christian D
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Stayed here with my daughter and her 2 year old, and we were impressed with the comfort of the beds, the pool (perfect temperature), the tasty breakast and the friendliness of the staff. The lady working the front desk in the evening was so kind and helped us figure out how to set up the crib, etc. We plan on staying here every time we are in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We were in South Boston for the funeral of a dear family member. No one had made reservations ahead of time. The staff, especially Janet and Ruth, took our family and the families of several family members and became our comforters and support system. We have a large family and when members would come by to see us, they made coffee and offered us meeting places so we could talk and comfort each other. They arranged rooms so we were all in the same area, and made reservations for dinner so the families staying there and the ones who lived in the area could dine together. These girls knew us by first names and remained at our call throughout our stay. Janet and Ruth became our "New Best Friends" and definately went beyond the call of duty.

Room Tip: We had a King room. It was very comfortable, and the bath was large with a great shower. Our fami...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Wife, teenage daughter and I stayed one night while completing the Motorcycle Grand Tour of Virginia. Hotel appears to be fairly new with awesome staff. Wasn't able to visit the weight room or spa/pool; however they looked well kept. Hot breakfast was awesome. Our military rate was fair & we thoroughly enjoyed our stay!!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2013

My family and I have been staying in Southern Virginia on and off now now since January 2013 as my boy is going to school there. We are not your average travelers and try a variety of unique and off the beaten path abodes and accommodations when traveling. However the it seems that most of the hotels in the South Boston, VA vicinity are really in horrible condition and not to mention way, way over priced. Amazingly, you can find hotels and motels for $38.95, $ 44.95 and $ 52.95 per night but remember...you get what you pay for. Well, it was early June 2013 and it was our 2nd visit to South Boston. About 10:30 PM, we decided to spend the night at the "Fairfield Inn & Suites" on Bill Tuck Hwy 510. The outside of the property was very clean and appeared as if it had just completed construction. The inside lobby was immaculate; the hotel representative was delightful, professional and expedited our room order quickly as there were three groups ahead and two behind us. The room was very clean, fresh linens, nice flat screen TV, granite wet bar and small refrigerator, clean bath, shower and commode, fresh towels and the carpet looked new. Perhaps it was a new hotel or newly renovated. Great choice. The beds were comfy and the pillows were large enough to hold and support my head for a good night's rest. We had an end room on the 2nd floor so there was no noise whatsoever. The next morning we headed down for a light breakfast and it was anything but light. The Fairfield Staff had prepared a bevy of food including scrambled eggs, breakfast cereal & milk, oatmeal, toast, bagels, butter, cream cheese, jam, fruits, coffee, OJ and the most unbelievable home made waffle mix and maker I have ever had. Their waffles were second to none in all of South Boston. Thank you Fairfield Inn for your kindness, cleanliness, quality service and great breakfast! Would I stay there again? YOU BET I WOULD!!! I highly recommend the Fairfield Inn & Suites in South Boston, Virginia. This is a sure thing-don't chance it and ruin your night's sleep. Stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites. We did and we will stay there again soon.

Room Tip: Rooms on the end are very quite. AC works great and it is very very clean.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I was pleasantly surprised to find this hotel in South Boston. It was my first overnight stay in this town and the hotel was perfect. It's a newer hotel (Marriott brand and it shows) and the rooms are very nice with modern furniture and fixtures. Very large shower and a great bed with lots of good pillows. Buffet breakfast comes with the room and it is very good (think better than Hampton Inn). Excellent value and a very relaxing stay.

Room Tip: I recommend the higher floors because there is a lot of big truck traffic all day & night.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Hampton Inn Roxboro
Hampton Inn Roxboro
#1 of 3 in Roxboro
Days Inn & Suites South Boston

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites South Boston? Share your experiences!