“Very accommodating ”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in South Boston
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Very accommodating ”
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Several of us stayed here while attending a funeral in town. The hotel was clean and comfortable. Heather was great taking care of everyone's room needs. The hotel staff in general was great and accommodating during this stay. The breakfast served in the morning was very nice also. Would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting South Boston!

Stayed February 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Blacksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

I have had some dicey experiences at Fairfields and was not looking forward to this stay. I read the TA reviews and went anyway. Property is brand spanking new and there was a very nice fitness center. The nice lady at the front desk was helpful with directions and local tips. I believe someone even swept snow off our windshield in the morning. Will steer away from some Fairfields still, but not this one. Feel free to stay here anytime!

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Have stayed here many times, great business hotel but my experience today has compelled me to write this review. Bethany the front desk clerk is absolutely fabulous. She's always friendly and remembers your previous visits, and processed my check-in efficiently. South Boston received about 2" of snow last night, and temps in the 20's. I was dreading defrosting the car this morning as I don't have a snow scraper. So to my surprise when I walked to my car, every single car in the parking lot had it's windshield and side windows cleared of ice and snow!! When I asked the front desk person, she said their maintenance supervisor, Randy, did that as a courtesy for the guests. Needless to say, my faith in humanity has been restored, and if only all the hotels I stay were so forward thinking! Great job Fairfield team and thanks for the true southern hospitality!!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Virginia
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel is fairly new (under 5 years I would guess) and is the newer style Fairfield. Very functional and tasteful rooms (I had a 2-room suite for $169. Great bed & excellent pillows. Convenient to downtown and also Rt 58 & 360. Nice breakfast with many selections and plenty of tables, sofas, etc. exceptionally upbeat & friendly staff.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Don M
Kingsport, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 24 October 2013

this is a very nice place to stay they saw to everyone of my few needs. myson and i were there visiting a friend and this was a great place to come to every evening and unwind. we had a great stay. we took a trip to the beach in Sept. and the fairfield inn in south boston va. was much nicer than the resort we stayed at there.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Harold W
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I was in the area for a car race at Virginia International Raceway, about 30 minutes away. Looked into area hotels. This one was the best value, and after I arrived, I was convinced I had made the right choice. Hotel appears to be fairly new. Rooms and amenities are much better than I am used to at Fairfield Inn's I have stayed at in the past. Comfortable bed and rooms larger than that expected. Complementary breakfast was much better than most hotel free breakfasts, and a nice area to eat in. Every person on the staff I encountered was helpful and friendly.

I will be back next year.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side away from the traffic on the road in front of the hotel
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Robert L
Richmondville, NY
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

We were traveling thru Virginia on motorcycle to visit family. South Boston was a good stopping point for us. After being in some family owned inns and lodges on our two week trip, we thought we would try The Fairfield Inn for a treat.

The staff was very friendly and helpful for giving us some dining options. The room was great and the bed very comfortable!

The breakfast options in the morning were great and the whole layout spacious. Most places we have stayed everyone is in one small area all trying to get their food. Fairfield Inn had plenty of room!

Great place to stay!

Hampton Inn Roxboro
Hampton Inn Roxboro
#1 of 3 in Roxboro
Days Inn & Suites South Boston

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites South Boston? Share your experiences!