“What a little gem”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in South Boston
Orlando, Florida
“What a little gem”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

What a pleasant surprise! I booked a room in this hotel and was unsure what to expect in such a small town. I was happy with the clean, decent sized room. The hotel staff people were friendly and efficient. I am a lady and was traveling alone, but I felt very safe here.
The bed was extremely comfortable and, even though the hotel was full, I never heard a sound at night.
The shower was excellent! It had a big shower stall with glass doors. The shelves on which you place your toiletries were situated in a way that you could reach them easily, but your items didn't get wet.
The breakfast was good and the eating area was huge and modern.
This hotel is convenient to restaurants and to the South Boston Speedway. The price was the lowest I've paid for a hotel room in a long time.
I will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Fredericksburg, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

As a business traveler, I stay in many hotels. I usually choose Marriott when available. This was the first time I had the chance to stay at a Fairfield. The rooms were clean and spacious, pillows were heavenly by usual hotel standards. The breakfast in the morning had a large selection, with great space for eating. All of the staff went out of their way to help. I will look for Fairfield again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Nice enough hotel but the 2nd most expensive hotel in South Boston (2nd to Conference Hotel) and our room did not have mini fridge/microwave. For the difference in price from other local hotels we thought surely they would have fridge and microwave in EVERY room.

Room Tip: If you want a fridge/microwave, make sure to ask for a room that has them.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Michael W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites South Boston, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with the
Fairfield Inn & Suites of South Boston, VA. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated.

We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. The hotel’s management has reviewed your comments and will take them into careful consideration as we are always looking to upgrade our guest experience. While our hotel does not currently offer microwaves and refrigerators in all of our guest rooms, these amenities are standard in all 25 of our well appointed Executive Suites.

Again, we thank you for being our guest. We hope you will continue to use Fairfield Inn hotels as your lodging of choice, and look forward to welcoming you back should you be in our area.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Several of us stayed here while attending a funeral in town. The hotel was clean and comfortable. Heather was great taking care of everyone's room needs. The hotel staff in general was great and accommodating during this stay. The breakfast served in the morning was very nice also. Would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting South Boston!

Stayed February 2014
Blacksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

I have had some dicey experiences at Fairfields and was not looking forward to this stay. I read the TA reviews and went anyway. Property is brand spanking new and there was a very nice fitness center. The nice lady at the front desk was helpful with directions and local tips. I believe someone even swept snow off our windshield in the morning. Will steer away from some Fairfields still, but not this one. Feel free to stay here anytime!

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Have stayed here many times, great business hotel but my experience today has compelled me to write this review. Bethany the front desk clerk is absolutely fabulous. She's always friendly and remembers your previous visits, and processed my check-in efficiently. South Boston received about 2" of snow last night, and temps in the 20's. I was dreading defrosting the car this morning as I don't have a snow scraper. So to my surprise when I walked to my car, every single car in the parking lot had it's windshield and side windows cleared of ice and snow!! When I asked the front desk person, she said their maintenance supervisor, Randy, did that as a courtesy for the guests. Needless to say, my faith in humanity has been restored, and if only all the hotels I stay were so forward thinking! Great job Fairfield team and thanks for the true southern hospitality!!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Virginia
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel is fairly new (under 5 years I would guess) and is the newer style Fairfield. Very functional and tasteful rooms (I had a 2-room suite for $169. Great bed & excellent pillows. Convenient to downtown and also Rt 58 & 360. Nice breakfast with many selections and plenty of tables, sofas, etc. exceptionally upbeat & friendly staff.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Hampton Inn Roxboro
Hampton Inn Roxboro
#1 of 3 in Roxboro
Days Inn & Suites South Boston

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites South Boston? Share your experiences!