“Amazing Authentic Italian Food”
Review of Caffe Peroni

Caffe Peroni
Ranked #17 of 50 Restaurants in South Boston
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We were just blown away by the quality of food at Caffe Peroni. From start to finish, everything was freshly prepared and delicious! We had prosciutto and melon, spinach risotto, ravioli with a sherry cream sauce, and limoncello marscapone cake. Every dish was authentic and the risotto was better than what I had in Milan, Italy. The chef prepared the risotto in the dining room from scratch (takes a bit of time, but WELL worth it). The service was exceptional and the prices were reasonable, especially considering the quality of the food. The espresso was amazing. I will defiantly be back the next time I am in South Boston.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

I have had several lunches and dinners here over the last couple of years. Sometimes it takes a little bit of time, and sometimes the dishes are not up to Rome standards, sometimes they are excellent however. Despite some small issues, it is a fantastic place, especially considering the town it is in. If you are looking for a large cheese pizza you can go any of the mediocre "Italian" joints in town where you will be able to enjoy pictures of the tower of Pisa with the word "Rome" plastered underneath, since that is, as a previous reviewer pointed out, probably more authentic than a Guinness poster.
PS: the gelato case is operational in the summer and the gelato is very good.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

My son and husband and I recently had lunch here – the experience was one of the worst we've had in years. First it took us 15 minutes to get our menus. My husband had the chicken Parmesan sandwich. There was no red sauce on the sandwich and there were three little tomato slices instead. I had the chicken vegetable soup which had about .01 ounces of chicken in it. My son had a hot dog with bread so stale it fell apart in his hands. He ordered a piece of cheesecake which was so dried out and rubberized he couldn't eat it (they did take it off the bill). The whole experience took an agonizingly long time. We should have stopped at subway like my son wanted to do..,the quality would have been better! How disappointing!!!

1  Thank akljht
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This is a restaurant in the european style. The chef takes your order, then cooks it. If you don;t see what you want on the menu, just ask, and the chef will probably be able to make it for you. I ate there twice on a recent visit to the area and enjoyed both of my meals. Excellent selection of beers and wine from around the world.

Warning, dining here takes more than the usual amount of time, but it is well worth it. Not a place you would expect to find in a small southern town. I will be back.

Reviewed 5 December 2012

I have been here for lunch several times and it is a treat. The menu is extensive. I had a spinach spanikkopita (spelling?) special on one outing and it was AWESOME. They have excellent desserts & pastries too so leave a little room. YUM