I attended my cousin's wedding at this property last week end, and I had both positive and negative experiences.
The property itself is stunning. It it very well maintained,and the grounds are picturesque.
The room was clean, with well maintained hardwood floors, patios a nice, very large and bright bathrooms, and very comfortable beds. The room did not have an overhead light, so it was quite dark, even with lots of table lamps. The is absolutely no cell phone or wireless internet in the room, which was frustrating.
The pool has a strange chemical and turned clothing and hair blue...although I believe this did wash out.
The service through the weekend was accommodating, however it was difficult to get a server's attention at Sunday brunch. There was no cutlery or glasses at the table, and I had a hard time getting service.
The food was delicious at all occasions throughout the weekend, but I was disappointed that breakfast ended at 9AM on Monday morning. I expected the hours to be extended with the wedding just the night before.
I would definitely recommend this location for special occasions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful historic plantation surrounded by rustic countryside, blue ponds, and rolling hills. Berry Hill offers the modern amenities of an indoor pool, spa and onsite dining. This is a true escape, a retreat from the day to day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Odigeo, Cancelon, Travel Republic (UK), HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Berry Hill Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Berry Hill Resort And Conference Center
- Berry Hill Hotel South Boston
- Berry Hill Estates South Boston