“Good good”

Four Oaks Restaurant and Lounge
Ranked #11 of 53 Restaurants in South Boston
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Six of us returning from a motorcycle trip to Boone, NC stayed over in South Boston. This place was sitting walking distance of our hotel. Servicr was very friendly and attentive. Salad bar was filled with fresh servings. The food was good but portions were small. We waited over an hour for our food as apparently there was a large party in an adjacent room.

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

I took a business associate to dinner here primarily because The Bistro 1888 was closed. We should have waited. The food was average at best. The decor appeared to be 1960's and depressingly dark. The only bright spot as the service, which was excellent.

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

My 2nd visit and very good again. Awesome soup n salad bar. White table clothes but very reasonable prices i think. Will come again soon. Shrimp n grits were awesome.

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

Was surprised at the atmosphere. A little up from a cafeteria. Service intimated french service but they missed the mark. Not attentive but friendly. I had steak with crab imperial topping. The steak was perfect but it was loose claw/backfin mix topping, but no imperial sauce. Our average for four people with one drink and desert was $55 a head. Too expensive for the service and menu. Still they were busy and seemed popular.

Reviewed 28 March 2017

Been here many times and have had good meals. Saturday night we (6) arrived after the dinner rush but it still was a two hour dinner. However the worst part was my dinner. A special that evening was NY strip and sides. I should have sent it back since it was so tough but I didn't want to wait another hour to get my meal. My wife had the same thing and her steak was worse than mine. Also noted that there was a significant difference in the size of the steaks. That shouldn't be. Probably won't be back again for quite awhile.