“A nice place to have a great meal!”
Review of Ernie's Restaurant

Ernie's Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 53 Restaurants in South Boston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

My friend and I ate here today. She has never been. I've eaten here quite a few times as a local. The food was really good. The whole place is very clean. Our service was top notched! Thanks Kathy! You can order off the menu or enjoy the beautiful buffet. We will eat here again. Prices very good.

1  Thank Donna C

Reviewed 7 August 2017

We were on our way to Kayak in the Staunton River State Park and needed a quick lunch.
All four of us opted for the very well and appetizing displayed buffet with such a range of dishes, whatever we wanted, several meat dishes, fish, veggies, salads, little appetizers such as olives and cheeses etc. At $9.99 p/p it was a steel.
Friendly and helpful waitresses and on the main 360 state rd with ample parking and an easy experience. Would like to go back and try their a la cart menu.

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Quaint atmosphere. Personable staff. We had a relaxing dinner in the back dining area which overlooks a pond. Our food was good and reasonably priced. The buffet was a great deal.

1  Thank Tony M
Reviewed 29 May 2017

On a recent visit to the South Boston area, we were rained out for a few hours and decided to travel into town. Having lived in the area in the past, I remembered Ernie's as a place with a good buffet. The service was fine, the waitress pleasant, but the food was not as good as I remembered. There was a lot from which to chose, and the salad bar portion was well stocked, but the main dishes seemed bland. The fried chicken was dry that day and I was disappointed overall.

1  Thank kathomas74
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

We have passed by this restaurant many times and never stopped. This time we decided to give it a try. The food was nasty and cooked to death and the staff that we encountered could care less. Maybe just got there on a bad night? I hope so.

1  Thank David R