“Relaxing and simple”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in South Hill
London, United Kingdom
“Relaxing and simple”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We stayed here for a few nights as a family two adults and a child. We found the staff helpful, the rooms were really clean with a nice basic but very clean bathroom. We enjoyed the breakfast which was ample. We were travelling everyday so it was perfect place to rest your head after a busy day. The beds were amazing we all had a restful and peaceful sleep. The noise was minimal and we would recommend this hotel as a good short stay place for business or families.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Bee B
Sandra B, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 8 September 2013
Dear B Bee,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the trip advisor survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Sandra B
Comfort Inn & Suites

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed here 2 years ago. Remembered it as better then. The hall walls were banged up from the luggage carts, the floors by the elevator were dirty during our two day stay. Our room however was clean but only one towel bar in the bath for two people. It was very hot (105 heat index) so it was really appreciated that the AC was on when we entered the room. The free continental breakfast wasn't that good. The business center consists of a computer adjacent to the front desk in the first floor hall separated by a four foot high divider. The printer was very slow as was the computer. If you want snacks bring your own as the snack machine was almost out. The only soda machine is on the first floor. There is a coin op laundry. Rooms have a
m'wave, fridge and safe. TV is 32 in flat screen. One drawback is the front doors are not automatic which can be a hassle when maneuvering luggage carts. Staff was exceptionally nice and efficient. Still, overall I was not as impressed as the last time I stayed here.

• Stayed July 2013
Indianapolis< IN
Reviewed 16 June 2013

There was plenty of good things about this motel however there was also some issues. I arrived without a reservation but was offered the only remaining room which happened to have wheelchair access. I found this room a little small but it was clean and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast was good with plenty of selection. The Front Desk personnel were very pleasant and professional.
My problem started with the many people hanging out around the side entrance. I had to maneuver through this group every time I went out. Also the key reader was broken (missing) on this entrance so I never found it locked. If this is a constant issue they need to address it by having them an area to congregate and socialize.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank NovTraveler01
Sandra B, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 2 July 2013

Cape Charles, Virginia
Reviewed 11 June 2013

From the second I checked in and the lady at the front desk recommended the nearby (and locally owned) Horseshoe Restaurant, I've had a great stay here. Everything was most presentable...fridge and microwave in the room. There's even a few of a wooded pond from the rooms on the back of the motel. The bed was nice and firm with loads of pillows. The complimentary breakfast was more than adequate and the lady attending it even ran in the back and grabbed me the banana that I must have obviously been looking for. The housekeepers begin vacuuming around 8:30am, but that kept me from sleeping in to late when I should be checking out Whittles MIll! I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back of the motel have a little pond view
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Sandra B, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 15 June 2013

Dear Maargvark,

Sandra Burchette
Comfort Inn & Suites
Gloucester, Va
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I had made a reservation on the phone and when I got there the room they had assigned me was unsuitable for my wife (she's disabled and I had mentioned that on the phone). I went back to the front desk and told the clerk (who turned out to be Sandra th general manager) about it and asked if there was anything else closer to the elevator. She found me a better room at the same rate I had been quoted. It was an awesome room! Well, we got settled in and then found our a few hours later that the air conditioner was not working. Since it was late, the front desk provided a big fan to help try and make it comfortable. The first thing the next morning, the maintainance man came in and replace the unit in less than 30 mintues. This faciltity looks good, the continental brakfast was as good as any I have seen and the staff is first rate! Would definitely go back there in a slit second. And Sandra the GM is the jewel in the crown!

Room Tip: Make sure to let them know if there are any special needs or problems, they react quickly!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank davidejjr
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We were coming home for a "Surprise" birthday party for my Sister in lieu of other events that took place earlier that day. The room was cleaned and the Front Desk personnel was very pleasant and professional when I checked in and out. We even had a bulb burned out of our lamp and I had forgotten something in my car. When I came back to the room, the bulb had been delivered before I returned to the room! That was excellent customer service and she didn't have to go out her way, but I'm glad she did!! All in all, we had a pleasant stay and it is always nice to stay here.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Charlie S
Bridgeport
Reviewed 19 February 2013

I had to stop in South Hill because the weather began to turn bad. We arrived at the Comfort Inn and was greated by the most pleasant lady. She was very nice and when we told her that we weren't planning on stopping and that we only stopped because of the weather she let us know that it was ok and she not only had a room for us, she also helped us sign up for Choice Privileges. She told us that we would be able to get points on our stays. Because of the friendly desk clerk we will be staying at Comfort Inn on our next stop. Driving to Atlanta is a long trip but I never considered stopping at a hotel on the way. I will stop from now on because of the enjoyable stay that we had.

I almost forgot to say how beautiful the hotel is. I was so suprised to see the color sceme and we even got a chance to take photos in front of the beautiful fountain in front of the hotel. The ice cycles were remarkable.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 1st floor and enjoyed visiting the business center and the loby. The hotel is b...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family