“Great for price.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in South Hill
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Great for price.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

This hotel is not new, but we enjoyed our stay. The desk clerk, Sandra, also the manager, was excellent. She was warm, friendly, and obviously knows what customer service means. (She was the first person to mention my gold club status, which I have had for 3 years, plus one year platinum.). She also upgraded our room for the gold status which is supposed to be a perk of said level, but it is seldom done. Our room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was average Choice fare, but the hostess was friendly and keeping everything filled up. Our king suite was under $70. The property is back off the highway, so it is quiet. There is no pool, which likely keeps the price down. The rooms have the tiny bathrooms, the sink is not outside the bath, old style room. We would stay here if in the area again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sandra_Burchette, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for staying with us. We value your comments and hope that you will continue to let us know how we are doing. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sandra Burchette

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

I am a customer service manager for a large utility company and I found the service to be spectacular. Gladys and Sandra could not have been any more friendly and professional. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The bed was extremely comfortable. I will likely choose to stay with you again, when I am traveling in the area. Kudos to the management and staff including housekeeping!!! Thanks for a lovely experience.

Room Tip: beds in the single king rooms are exceptionally comfortable. Take advantage of the breakfast that i...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sandra_Burchette, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
It was a pleasure to have you stay with us. I have shared your comments with my entire staff and they were just as happy to hear from you! We enjoyed having you stay with us and look forward to your return visit.

Best Wishes!

and Staff
Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

This Comfort Inn was a good value and offered a spacious clean room with a refrigerator and microwave. Our room was quiet, matresses comfortable, and the breakfast more than adequate. The staff was VERY helpful and friendly. We called from the road and the young man who assisted us gave us a very good rate and attended to all our needs. The hotel was a bit difficult to find in the dark because it's set back from the road but when you see the Best Western, you'll know it's on the same road, further down. Also a bit of an issue was the cancellation policy which required 24 hours. With pre-holiday traffic, we weren't sure that we would reach the hotel on the first night of our trip, so I decided to cancel the reservation rather than risk paying for a room that we couldn't use. We ended up encountering no traffic and called to re-book the room. The hotel would do better to offer a more reasonable cancellation policy like 4pm on the day of arrival. All in all, though, we really liked this hotel for the $69.00 we paid.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sandra_Burchette, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear ttripmom,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our on-line survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. It was certainly a pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to your return.

Duluth, Georgia, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

We had stayed at a very sub par hotel in Baltimore while we packed up a relative. I knew the drive back would be exhausting so I made a reservation ahead of time (30% off!) at a place half way in between there and home with a hot tub in the room. The check in (and check out) staff was friendly. I scampered ahead of my husband with the luggage to make sure the AC was on. The room was cool, clean, immaculate, and romantic! I can't tell you how happy it made me after the trip we'd had so far! We soaked in the spacious hot tub and had one of the best night's sleep I've had in a long time. Hubby suffers from regular insomnia (no reflection on the bed,) so he ended up on the sofa bed and said even it was comfy! I skipped the breakfast in favor of soaking in the tub again in the morning, but the aftermath looked and smelled VERY tempting. Strawberry waffle batter! I was sorry I didn't nip out and collect breakfast before I soaked again!

Two things: The recliner in the room is broken. Not a huge deal to us, but someone could sit down hard in it and find themselves on the floor. Hubby also said the water pressure in the shower left much to be desired. I wouldn't know, as I was in the hot tub!

I also wish choicehotels.com would just make an option already to sort out places that offer in room hot tubs instead of making me look at EVERY listing. I mean, you can sort by whether it has an indoor or out door pool - why not "in room whirlpool?" That is a "deal breaker" feature to us on certain trips.

Room Tip: The King with in-room whirlpool baths are immaculate, romantic, and a great value at this location.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sandra_Burchette, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
I'm so happy that you enjoyed your room. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

We stayed here for a few nights as a family two adults and a child. We found the staff helpful, the rooms were really clean with a nice basic but very clean bathroom. We enjoyed the breakfast which was ample. We were travelling everyday so it was perfect place to rest your head after a busy day. The beds were amazing we all had a restful and peaceful sleep. The noise was minimal and we would recommend this hotel as a good short stay place for business or families.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Bee B
Sandra B, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 8 September 2013
Dear B Bee,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the trip advisor survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Sandra B
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed here 2 years ago. Remembered it as better then. The hall walls were banged up from the luggage carts, the floors by the elevator were dirty during our two day stay. Our room however was clean but only one towel bar in the bath for two people. It was very hot (105 heat index) so it was really appreciated that the AC was on when we entered the room. The free continental breakfast wasn't that good. The business center consists of a computer adjacent to the front desk in the first floor hall separated by a four foot high divider. The printer was very slow as was the computer. If you want snacks bring your own as the snack machine was almost out. The only soda machine is on the first floor. There is a coin op laundry. Rooms have a
m'wave, fridge and safe. TV is 32 in flat screen. One drawback is the front doors are not automatic which can be a hassle when maneuvering luggage carts. Staff was exceptionally nice and efficient. Still, overall I was not as impressed as the last time I stayed here.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Indianapolis< IN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

There was plenty of good things about this motel however there was also some issues. I arrived without a reservation but was offered the only remaining room which happened to have wheelchair access. I found this room a little small but it was clean and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast was good with plenty of selection. The Front Desk personnel were very pleasant and professional.
My problem started with the many people hanging out around the side entrance. I had to maneuver through this group every time I went out. Also the key reader was broken (missing) on this entrance so I never found it locked. If this is a constant issue they need to address it by having them an area to congregate and socialize.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business