“Great for lunch or dinner”
Review of Glass House Grill - CLOSED

Glass House Grill
Cuisines: American, Diner
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We eat here very regularly. My wife's favorites are the chicken salad plate, and their French onion soup. My favorite ,by far, is the Reuben and fries. Locally owned and operated,convenient to 58 or I-85, near the hotels, Walmart, and the downtown where the Colonial Theatre is located(less than a mile away), this is a great choice for a sandwich or a full dinner. Also has a full bar if you're so inclined.

There are newer reviews for Glass House Grill

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Stopped in on our way to Atlanta as this was the half-way point. We had eaten here several years ago and weren't disappointed with this visit. I had the hamburger steak, smothered in onions & mushrooms and the wife had a bowl of their chili. We also got a side of the sweet potato chips, which were very tasty. The drinks were never empty and the waitress had a good sense of humor. Also enjoyed the nearby gas price of $2.89 on the way down (22 Dec), which was the best on I-85 from Petersburg to Atlanta, but noted it was at $3.18 on the way back (27 Dec). We will definitely keep the Glass House in mind when we go through again (Exit 12A), and may even consider taking in a game of bowling in the co-located bowling center.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

We were staying one night across the street at the Best Western and decided to give this place a try. Many menu choices. We had the "2 for $20" dinner. I had the BBQ chicken, my husband had the pulled pork. Generous portions and very tasty. Staff was very friendly and service was quick. A great alternative to all the fast food places out there.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

I have passed by this diner for years on my trip to visit my parents. This past weekend saw
'crab cakes' on their marque. Now, you have to understand I have lived at the sea coast almost my entire life and am an unabashed crab cake elitist. I checked the reviews on tripadvisor and folks loved the crab cakes, so I decided to give it a try on my return trip. The crab cakes were just terrific. Perfectly seasoned, loads of crab instead of half & half breading like a lot of little restaurants. Based on the reviews I also got the peanut butter pie. It was lick-the-spoon good. I will now be planning my trip departures to be able to stop in around dinner time. The crab cakes will be my reward on this long drive.

Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

This nice local diner is a 60's throwback located just off I-85. Friendly service. I had the fried pork chop, corn fritters and cole slaw. All excellent. My son had the fried cod and home-made Mac n cheese. All yummy. Generous portions. Better than a chain restaurant, glad we stopped here.