“Best in this area for good food and friendly service”

Brian's Steak House
Ranked #3 of 31 Restaurants in South Hill
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This is a locally owned restaurant,with same owner for 20+years. He has a varied menu of meals, sandwiches,breakfast foods, salads,and a full service bar. My favorite is the Reuben sandwich, and my wife truly loves his home-made chicken salad. Attend the SH Chamber lunch here each month,and the food is always good,and the service for 100+ diners is always fast. My brother and sister are coming to visit later this week for a show at the Colonial theatre,and this is where we'll eat before the show starts. My breakfast favorite is their Country ham biscuit, and their chili is also very good.

1  Thank kingfather

Reviewed 3 March 2014

My husband and I travel all over and stopped here for dinner. We don't mind paying for good food and atmosphere, but this place had lumpy booths, broken tiles in the restroom with tape over the floor to keep them in place, but yet only three steaks to choose from at no less than 20 dollars. It just didn't add up with that respect. Burgers at 9 dollars get 2 toppings, (cheese is one) and additionals are 70 cents. Even if you only want cheese. I loved the selection of sides as there are about 15 at any given time. I think this restaurant has great potential, but put a couple bucks back into repairs. Best choice in the area, only crackle barrel and fast food. Good value if you want a sandwich.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We had an 80th birthday party there with 9 in attendance. We all thought the food and service was outstanding! Our server was delightful, very helpful and energetic. We had made reservations and it took a few minutes to get the table cleared but that was due to the diners, not the management. There may have been another room we could have used. Although I'd only eaten there once before and was not that impressed, we were this time. The menu is varied and our party selected from sandwiches to steak and all were pleased. We were able to bring our own special birthday cake and the restaurant provided plates and candles. All in all a good experience and I would definitely recommend it. Lack of convenient parking is the only negative.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Everything went perfectly - the food was great as was the staff! Highly recommend for a party - we had 120 guests and everything was taken care of - a special thanks to Carleen!

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Awsome friendly staff and home like atmosphere. The steak was very good and so were the homemade desserts!