Sharp Rock Vineyard Bed and Breakfast Cottages
US$94
US$77
Hotel Laurance(Luray)(Great Value!)
US$149
The Mimslyn Inn(Luray)(Great Value!)
US$177
US$171
Hotwire.com
US$90
US$80
US$94
Royal Inn Motel(Front Royal)
US$60
All reviewsrag mountainbaked goodskathystreamtastingdeckmountainsbakinghouse
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Sharp Rock B&B is a wonderful, relaxing place to stay. The wine is tasty (especially the reserve Chardonnay) and Bo and Ollie the winery dogs are very friendly. They will overtake your picnic, however, so be careful! Jimm and Kathy are gracious hosts. If you're looking for some peace and quiet (no cell service, no TVs) and some great star-gazing, a vigorous hike nearby (Old Rag mountain), then this is the place for you. It seems like you're 500 miles away from northern Virginia, but you're really not!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
JEast1952, Owner at Sharp Rock Vineyard Bed and Breakfast Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

Thanks for the kind words...always pleasing to know that our guests leave relaxed and enjoy their stays with us.....even though there is no TV and cell service! Please comeback and visit again.

Reviewed 8 June 2012

This was our second trip to Sharp Rock in about six months, we just love it. The accommodations are lovely, peaceful, quiet, serene, beautiful. Jimm is a wonderful host, the breakfast is a true treat, and the vineyard, wine and tasting "barn" are terrific! It's a nice drive to get there, and Sharp Rock is a perfect home base for winery touring/tasting, hiking, antiquing, and more. The hospitality can't be beat and we already can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: We stay in the Carriage House. It is private, spacious, and has a big deck overlooking the lawn and creek. Sunset against the mountain range is gorgeous. So many stars at night you can hardly believe it, and there are no lights to muddle the view. Sleep with the windows open. We love it.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

You all were great guests and it isn't hard to be a good host when you all are out covering the countryside and hiking Old Rag....I didn't have to do too much but make sure you had enough cinnamon bread to fuel the day. The best part of returning guests is that are now friends.

Reviewed 6 May 2012

Though there are plenty of wineries and B & B's in VA, many lovely ones, one being able to choose from simplicity to luxury; from cheap to expensive, this B&B gets an A+ ! It truly won a place in my heart from the first time I went there, which was over 5 years ago with my then boyfriend... we returned many many times... more than I recall... I have stayed in both the Cottage and the smaller Carriage House, both charming, cozy, lovely, fully equiped comfortable cottages. The entire experience takes you to another time, a simpler time.... the friendliest, loveliest inkeepers, owners and wine makers, Jimm and Kathy, give you everything. You taste wines in a simple, non pretentious setting, with the feedback of someone who knows the wines from the vine to the glass!... the wines are always wonderful, with a new favorite or two each trip or year... the lovely dogs greet you and transport you immediately to a peaceful state of mind. The grounds are lovely to walk and enjoy, and likewise, set your mind at peace right away ... there is no feeling like sipping Sharp Rock wine by the singing stream, surrounded by gorgeous trees and lovely dogs running around... and, of course, running into the owners, who are always warm, with lovely smiles happy to chat away or make any recommendations for dinner plans, hikes, help you set up to barbecue, etc. I must add, the breakfast is awesome! There is always fresh, home-baked goodies (YUM YUM!) with a great fruit salad... plenty of great coffee and teas! I have gone also by myself when, in need of my own time for retreat and peace... and it is an extraordinary setting for such an activity as well. I will, without a doubt be returning many times over... the trip is more than worth it!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
JEast1952, Owner at Sharp Rock Vineyard Bed and Breakfast Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Thanks for the kind words and I am so glad that you had a great stay with us. You have been here so many times it is like you are family. Both Kathy and I hope you will be back soon.

Reviewed 6 April 2012

I stayed at Sharp Rock with two of my friends for a girl's weekend while we visited wineries in the area. We stayed in the cottage (the larger of the two houses). It was adorable! The house was super clean and well equipped. The beds (including the pull out couch) were very comfortable. The bathroom is very nice as well. The kitchen had all the cooking and eating utensils you would need including coffee/tea/hot cocoa, snacks, and juices. The warm muffins for breakfast everyday were excellent! There is a deck in front to enjoy beautiful sunsets over Old Rag Mtn. The accommodations exceeded my expectations.

Jimm, the owner, is super nice and awesome to talk to. He is very knowledgeable about the wineries in the area and can help you find exactly what you need. We called him several times in advance of our visit, each time he was very accommodating and helpful! While we were there, he made sure we had everything we needed and even let us buy wine on Monday (when the winery is closed). We couldn't have asked for a better host!

The winery at Sharp Rock is great as well. It is a small operation and the care they take shows in the quality of the wine! They have a good variety of different types of wines. It was one of our favorite wineries of the entire trip. They had the best Rose I've ever tried!

Sharp Rock (both the B&B and the winery) is such a gem, and I'm so glad we found it. I can't wait to come back with my husband.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
JEast1952, Owner at Sharp Rock Vineyard Bed and Breakfast Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

Ladies

I am so glad you all had such a great time and were so happy....could it have been the wine? Thanks for staying with us, you all were a joy to have, and please stop by the winery next time you all are passing our way.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Purposely looking for an out of the way Winery and so fortunate to have picked Sharp Rock. Jim was great and his knowledge and honesty regarding his wines was refreshing. We felt as though we had gone back in time. Well worth the trip from Metro DC.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
JEast1952, Owner at Sharp Rock Vineyard Bed and Breakfast Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Folks

Thanks for the kind words...I remember the laughs and fun in the tasting room! Thanks for coming and hope to see you all again. Jimm