“I really enjoyed this personal and informative tour!”

Copper Fox Distillery
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Sperryville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: This is where your new favorite whisky comes from! At Copper Fox Distillery we dedicate ourselves to making great American spirits by emphasizing a combination of innovation and tradition. We start from scratch, floor malting our locally grown barley, flavoring the grain with apple and cherry wood smoke, then aging with a progressive series of hand toasted wood chips in used bourbon barrels. All of our fine spirits are available for tasting and purchase at the distillery. We look forward to seeing you.
Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I really enjoyed this personal and informative tour!”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I am more of a wine drinker if that, but Copper Fox was recommended by Tom at Killahevlin B&B where we were staying. The young man who gave us the tour was personable as well as informative. Glad I went.

Visited August 2014

Fairfax, Virginia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Sunday in Sperryville”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Being from No Virginia sometimes we just slide through Sperryville on our way to/from rides on Skyline drive. Today, we made it our destination. Our Copper Fox tour guide was informative, entertaining and made the whole distilling process interesting. He said that they recently started offering tastings, which were enjoyable. We bought a bottle of their blue top whiskey and single malt barrel aging kit as a gift for friends.

Visited August 2014
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fun, informal tour and tasting”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Even my wife, who begrudgingly joins me for vineyard tours, found this stop to be interesting and eclectically charming. I guess they only allow tastings for the cool people, because I got to try a finger of single malt and a finger of rye. Seriously, someone needs to ask why they do tastings only sometimes, so TripAdvisees know how to plan! The whisky is very drinkable once you accept that it not going to taste like scotch. We purchased a couple of bottles to remind of us our visit and to share (the story and the hootch) with friends.

1 Thank Doug E
Gibbstown
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Very impressive”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Part of our vacation plans were to visit a few wineries and the Copper Fox Distillery. We did not know what to expect once the barn door opened. Well, the distillery tour was so cool, I hated to leave. We were all impressed with the entire process that occurred behind the wooden door, so much fun. Devon our tour guide was very informative and you could tell he was very excited to share his knowledge. We were the lucky ones and did get to participate in a tasting. Definitely worth a visit!!!

2 Thank LeezaGibbstown
Annapolis
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“great visit”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

OK this was so much fun. I've done a bunch of winery tours but this even more interesting. And now they offer tastes so i highl recommend visiting. From there we walked through the art studios and second hand store. What fun! Loved our tour guide.