All reviews music room owner's suite bacon miller family my husband and i grass fed french press coffee family portraits lamb glass of wine skyline drive granola hash bocce court rappahannock county living room the barn
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My husband and I just spent a long weekend at the Inn. The brick home that has been in Cliff's family for generations sits on a hilltop with a view of beautiful rolling hills and meadows amongst the Shenandoah mountains. Horses graze down below,watched by Hannah,Cliff's Border Collie.
The scene is magnificently peaceful! Our room,the "Music Room",was lovely! Napping in the afternoon with windows open and the breeze rolling through was heavenly!
Cliff was delightful! He is warm and very inviting.Lillian,who has helped manage the Inn for many many years could not have been kinder! Breakfast,as other reviewers have mentioned,was top notch.
I highly recommend a visit! I wish I lived there!

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2014

What a perfect place to celebrate our third anniversary! The inn is an authentic family home, furnished with lovely antiques and decorated with family portraits. The Millers have graced this land for six generations, and Cliff Miller is the quintessential host. Lillian, the family's longtime employee serves delicious breakfasts featuring meat and eggs from the environmentally sensitive family farm. A true joy in a magical setting.

Date of stay: May 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2014

It's been over a year since I've been at the Inn at MVF and it haunts me to this day. The best people! The best service (friendly, welcoming, intelligent, earthy, fun, kind, therapeutic without over-doing it). The Inn (family home for generations) is exquisitely furnished, yet you can sit in your blue jeans in a genteel, southern parlor or dining room, etc., and not be frowned upon or feel out of place. To the contrary!

I love the owners, staff (hate calling them that because they are sooooo much more). Seeing them and chatting with them is like subtle aroma therapy. You can't help but be invigorated or soothed. Cleansed and renewed. I felt I could believe in humanity again (baaaad week leading up to my visit). Please save your pennies and stay here. Shut out the world and welcome in heaven. It welcomes you!

Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank GibbyGabby
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We already miss the Inn at Mount Vernon Farm after a lovely weekend spent enjoying it's historic and restfully appointed lodgings, delicious breakfasts (including gluten-free blackberry pancakes!), and the spectacular hospitality of Cliff and Lillian. We will be back!

Room tip: The guest cabin is perfect for your romantic getaway. Enjoy the live fireplace, ready-to-use kitchen, and incredibly comfortable bed.
Date of stay: January 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank S S
Reviewed 21 January 2014

With a wedding anniversary in early January it is hard to find a lovely spot to celebrate. But we found it at the Inn at Mount Vernon Farm. Starting with a rainy cold day, we curled up in front of the fire in the living room reading books and enjoying the historic room graced with portraits of Miller ancestors.
At sundown I was amazed at the sunset flaming over the Blue Ridge mountains to the west. And again when I awoke i saw the early light making shadows on Old Rag.
Breakfast of a variety of locally raised and home made (by Lilian Aylor) meats, eggs, and pastries took a long time, what with the local conversations with Cliff and Lucile and their guests. Then, skies cleared, we took our anniversary hike up Turkey Mountain with Cliff Miller, seeing the glimpses of mountains through the forest.
Finally after 48 years we have found the best place for our January anniversary!

Room tip: We enjoyed the Queen room. Be sure to ask for instructions on using the shower.
Date of stay: January 2014