“New place tryn to get started...”
Review of High on the Hog BBQ - CLOSED

High on the Hog BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

I have tried this place numerous times. Being a bbq an seafood lover, I was really excited. Grand Opening was horrible. Small portions an very slow service. Gave it a few months an everything seemed to improve, but still not alot of food for your money. BBQ was nothing special, but seafood seemed decent.

Hopefully they will work on their weakness an survive. Its a neat little spot. We need a good seafood place in town. But two other places are better known for seafood an bbq.

Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

Bragging on back of menu about there great
bbq & smoked meat. I didn,t see it !!!!!!!
Ordered 3 combo platter $18.99,when it arrives
It looked like a childs plate, VERY SMALL PORTIONS !
Food was okay but I,ve had alot better & a lot
Cheaper !!!! For $18.99 the portions should have
been flowing off the plate ! Asked if I wanted their
vinegar hot sauce, bring out this small little cup,
NEVER mention it cost additional 75 cents added
on bill PITIFULL for what they charge !!!!

Reviewed 9 November 2013

My husband and I were asking a lot of the locals in regards to dinner. We had someone mention High on the Hog. Boy, we weren't disappointed. It was very good! I had the brisket sandwich, great flavor. My husband had the 3 plate special and really enjoyed it. The waitress was nothing but friendly and helpful during our visit. Yummy apple bourbon cake as well!!

Would certainly return for another visit!!

Reviewed 28 October 2013

I had the beef brisket sandwich and oh my it was SO GOOD! My husband enjoyed the brisket and 3 ribs combo. The waitress was nice and the restaurant is very clean. I want to go back!

Reviewed 20 October 2013

7 of us arrived about 15 minutes before closing...literally! We had been riding motorcycles all day long and were cold and tired. The staff there could not have been more gracious and welcoming to us! I hated to go in there last minute but it was within walking distance to our hotel and we didn't want to get back on the bikes again so we took a chance that they wouldn't get upset with us...and they didn't! We never felt rushed or like we were inconveniencing them (and we were the last diners in there). Between the seven of us we had crab cakes (1), the oyster platter (2), BBQ sandwich (1) and a combo plate of BBQ and brisket. Everything came out hot, freshly cooked and best of all, good! We were so pleased with our food and the level of service we received. We would gladly dine there again if we come back through there. Thank you to the staff that took such great care of us!