“Decent food, cheerful service..”
Review of High on the Hog BBQ - CLOSED

High on the Hog BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Front Royal, Virginia
“Decent food, cheerful service..”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Went there on review from a family member, food was good, server was cheerful and attentive. Special was catfish, they said it was a big portion, what they didn't say was that it was "nuggets" never less it was pretty good just not what I was expecting.

Decor needed revamping, liked the TV especially when we were given the remote..I have been there several times always the same 1 server, not sure why but when more than a few tables get seated she has her hands full. One might feel neglected a bit, overall a small decent place to eat. Oh I forgot to mention the wings....very good!

• Visited February 2014

Luray, Virginia
“New place tryn to get started...”
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

I have tried this place numerous times. Being a bbq an seafood lover, I was really excited. Grand Opening was horrible. Small portions an very slow service. Gave it a few months an everything seemed to improve, but still not alot of food for your money. BBQ was nothing special, but seafood seemed decent.

Hopefully they will work on their weakness an survive. Its a neat little spot. We need a good seafood place in town. But two other places are better known for seafood an bbq.

Norfolk, Virginia
“HIGH ON THE PRICE”
Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

Bragging on back of menu about there great
bbq & smoked meat. I didn,t see it !!!!!!!
Ordered 3 combo platter $18.99,when it arrives
It looked like a childs plate, VERY SMALL PORTIONS !
Food was okay but I,ve had alot better & a lot
Cheaper !!!! For $18.99 the portions should have
been flowing off the plate ! Asked if I wanted their
vinegar hot sauce, bring out this small little cup,
NEVER mention it cost additional 75 cents added
on bill PITIFULL for what they charge !!!!

• Visited December 2013
Cordova, Maryland
“Great new restaurant !!”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

My husband and I were asking a lot of the locals in regards to dinner. We had someone mention High on the Hog. Boy, we weren't disappointed. It was very good! I had the brisket sandwich, great flavor. My husband had the 3 plate special and really enjoyed it. The waitress was nothing but friendly and helpful during our visit. Yummy apple bourbon cake as well!!

Would certainly return for another visit!!

• Visited November 2013
Woodbridge, Virginia, United States
“Beef brisket melts in your mouth delicious!”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I had the beef brisket sandwich and oh my it was SO GOOD! My husband enjoyed the brisket and 3 ribs combo. The waitress was nice and the restaurant is very clean. I want to go back!

• Visited October 2013