“Very restful stay”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Cumberland, United States
“Very restful stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

My wife and I were in town to visit our son on his birthday and decided to spend the night in the Hampton. The hotel and staff were very friendly and I'm sure we'll be back again. The hotel meet all expectations you come to look for in the Hilton line of hotels. The room was large and accommadations were outstanding.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Onley
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

This property has undergone a major renovation to the rooms and is getting ready for a lobby make over. As with all Hampton's your stay will be a pleasure. The new menu for breakfast and return of the 'Western Omelet' start the day off right. The Manager's Reception in the late afternoon sets this property apart from the others. Complimentary beverages and light snacks were a welcome surprise. The building is clean and well maintained. The only negatives are that the entrance to the Fitness Center is on the exterior of the building, and the guest laundry is in the Comfort Inn next door. We were told that they would be addressed in the upcoming renovation phase. General Manager AJ and his staff were friendly, knowledgeable, helpful, and made our stay pleasant. The properties convenience to shopping, restaurants, and shuttle service to airports and Metro trains make this a great place to stay while in DC.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Watertown, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

The service was excellent by the entire staff. The complimentary breakfast was great. It helped to relax and not rush in order to get to our meetings/classes. Thank you Anjulie. You were excellent in every way:)

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Sanousi S, Guest Relations Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Springfield, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

It was truly a pleasure to serve you. We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us and greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests as we constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards. We are glad to note that you were very satisfied with your overall experience, and we sincerely appreciate your compliments about our team members.

Thank you for choosing us and we hope you will come see us again very soon.

Sanousi Sesay
Springfield, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel when a relatively heavy snow fall came in town. I was impressed by the staff who worked very hard to clear sidewalks and the parking lot to make things easy and safe for guests. Also, since many people were stranded (due to flight cancellations) and the roads were very icy, the staff had pizza and drinks available for the guests for lunch. This combined with the constant smile and effort to make my stay more pleasant will surely bring me back.

Lebanon, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

As a Hilton Diamond Member for the last >10 years, I have stayed at a lot of H Properties. Most are at least ok, usually great. However, I feel compelled to recommend this property for those passing through or with business in the Springfield VA area.

I have a project in the area, and have stayed in several local H properties (no issues with the others!) this Hampton Inn has the friendliest service, an OUTSTANDING staff and is now my go-to place in the area. I have stayed there at least 3 times, and can honestly say the service/attitude is genuine, and was not a one-off experience.

Try to hit the Managers' Happy Hour- the crowd is usually friendly, and the staff is great.

Boonton, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

I normally take two days to go from Florida to New Jersey.Due to weather conditions I took an additional day to get home between snow storms. The location was great and the Hotel is" Pet Friendly",since I was traveling with my dog. The service is great,the front desk Mgr," Anjulie" changed my room to the 1st floor cheerfully when requested.
They have a lite supper with wine,beer,and soft drinks and 24 hr hot coffee and tea. They also have a hot breakfast which I always enjoy when staying at the Hampton Inn. The room was clean but small.The price was slightly on the high end.

Bill

Room Tip: I chose the back of the hotel,it faces the road wall but I heard nothing, and was able to park my ne...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Edison, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

I was on business and I am a Hilton Gold member. When I came to the hotel my reservation could not be located. The reason was I clicked on the wrong date when I made my reservation. The front desk clerk found my error and quickly changed the resrvation and said it was "no problem" . He was very cordial and helpful and did not make an issue of it. He said it is frequent occurance so I would not feel dumb.