“Difficult to find but worth the effort” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Springfield Old Keene Mill

Residence Inn Springfield Old Keene Mill
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Alexandria, Virginia
“Difficult to find but worth the effort”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

I booked a night here for my sister who was moving furniture and some stuff to the area. After a four-hour drive from the Hampton Roads area and enduring stop-and-go traffic, a stay at this Marriott property was a welcome luxury. The front desk staff who checked us in was very accommodating and recommended some places to eat in the area. Due to my Marriott Rewards status, we were also upgraded to a two-bedroom suite, which was wonderful because it meant my teenage nephew had his own room. The breakfast buffet was great, although it did get crowded and some people resorted to eating their meal in other areas of the lobby. There is complimentary garage parking for normal-sized vehicles; larger ones parked outside the garage. Initially, I had difficulty finding this Residence Inn, but the stay was worth that trouble. I would recommend this property.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Lorton, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

First, I though the staff was really good, particularly the cleaning staff.

Due to burst pipes in my condo, I ended up staying 45 days while my unit was repaired, probably the longest period I've ever stayed in a hotel. And this was a pretty good stay!

I'd have only minor nits: the free food (not ever really free) wasn't the greatest, but it's edible and there was plenty of it. And the staff is really helpful. The indoor pool is nice, but the some of the other guests and their kids need to work on the concept of using a towell to dry off before heading to their rooms. The hotel facility itself is great, but the neighborhood is getting just a little shaky (strip club almost next door and some dodgy characters at the Shell station next door). Also, not exactly the best scenery (my room was overlooking "Mr. Tire").

But, all in all, noting th eminor nits, an excellent place!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
DeWitt, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

We stayed here on a holiday weekend after checking hotels in downtown Washington, DC and being scared off by prices of hotel parking ranging from $30-50 per night. This Residence Inn is located just off I-95 which made the exit easy on a busy Friday night with considerable traffic. It was delightful to know parking was complimentary in their adjacent garage. This property has an upscale décor and is multiple stories, but offers the signature Marriott spaciousness of the small apartment with the complimentary hot breakfast. The rate for weekend nights this close to DC was a true bargain! If you are looking for a casual dining spot, we would recommend Mike's American Grill which you can walk to (2 blocks). There are many businesses and public transportation nearby in this suburban location if you want to explore the nation's capital but don't want to break the bank staying in the city. It is also a great stop if you are traveling I-95 south.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Meg A, Manager at Residence Inn Springfield Old Keene Mill, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review of our award winning Residence Inn! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the area easy to navigate.

We are conveniently located at the I95 "mixing bowl" with easy access to I95, I395 and I495 the Capital Beltway. As well as being within 2 miles of the Franconia/Springfield Metro station on the Blue and Yellow line.

Our team highly recommends Mike's American Grill for lunch and dinner. We are also within walking distance of many other restaurants ranging from Mexican to Thai.
Clarksville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

As far as I can tell, all Residence Inns have a full kitchen with stove, fridge, dishwasher, micro wave, all dishes, utensils and gadgets in a full kitchen with a sink and everything you need to cook and serve your own meals. All Residence Inns I have stayed in are up-scale, clean and modernized. This particular hotel is better than most because it's location puts the traveler within walking distance of numerous restaurants, fast food establishments and grocery stores. There is even a state liquor store right down the street.
Also, the hotel is well located close to I-95 and several other major freeways and highways.

The hotel itself is very clean and pleasing to the eye. The free breakfast has plenty of choices and the breakfast staff keeps everything well stocked. The rooms are nice with comfortable furniture and good lighting. The work desk has electrical connections right on the table top lamp and the wireless internet was excellent during my 2 week stay. Parking can be a little crowded but it's free and a good portion is covered.

They have an indoor pool and a decent work out room. There is also a guest laundry room with 3 washers and 6 dryers that costs $2.00 per load. It stays pretty busy but is nicer than most hotel laundry rooms as it has comfortable chairs and a TV.

Mon - Thursday evening from 6 - 7:30 there is a light meal served with beverages including wine and beer. It's a great way to wind down at the end of a long day. The best thing about this hotel is the wonderful staff. They all go out of their way to be helpful and friendly. I read one review here that said the staff was not knowledgeable about the local area, I disagree. They have lists of local restaurants and stores and there is a large display of pamphlets with information about local tourist attractions.

All in all this is the place to stay if visiting this area. I would like to especially thank Sarah, Laura and Lisa for making me feel so welcome.

Room Tip: There are 6 floors. Get an even numbered room on the highest floor for the quietest stay.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Meg A, Manager at Residence Inn Springfield Old Keene Mill, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Thank you very much for your kind words about our award winning hotel and staff! Our suites provide all of the comforts of home to help you thrive on long trips and our team takes great pride in providing the best and friendliest service. I am so glad you were able to experience it!
New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

I pulled up in the parking lot and it was not totally plowed. I had to pull off into a spot and get out in a snow drift. Parking was always tight in terms of number of spots as we came and went.
We were there to see Mt Vernon and Manassas so I asked how far Mt Vernon was. The front desk manager at 11:00 p.m. did not know. Had not heard of Mt Vernon. I said, "you know, Washington' house". He was not aware. I was blow away.
Room was nice but there was no ice in the refrigerator when we got there. I called the front desk and they said you had to come to the front desk. We passed on that-it was midnight.
Breakfast was good although noisy.
On the second night we called down to ask about a restaurant called JW's. It was on their website as a recommendation. They had not heard of it.
We might stay there again because the prepay was so cheap but we know better than to ask the staff anything. It is conveniently located to I-495 and tons of restaurants.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Meg A, Manager at Residence Inn Springfield Old Keene Mill, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding our award winning Residence Inn! I am extremely happy to see that you enjoyed your accomodations and hope you enjoyed your visit to Mt. Vernon and the Manassas battlefield.
I am very sorry to hear that we did not meet the very high standards of service that we hold ourselves to during your stay. Please know that I have reviewed your comments with our Guest Services team to ensure they are familiar with the local area and the rich history of Fairfax County and Washington, DC.
I do hope that you will allow us another opportunity to host you in the future so we can show you why we are an award winning team. If there is any way that I can personally assist you please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Regards

Sarah Jones
Assistant General Manager
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

Everything was as advertised. Clean and comfortable room, parking garage with no fee. 10 minute drive to Franconia/Springfield metro train to Alexandria and Washington, D.C. Friendly staff from check in to attendants in breakfast room. Microwave,refrigerator and coffee maker in room. I would stay again and will in the near future. If you are looking for reasonable price,free breakfast,clean room and a good place to get away then I would recommend Springfield. Also if you are continuing Your journey south as we were you are already past the aggressive VA/DC beltway drivers with easy access to the interstates. I look forward to staying here again when the weather is more tolerable. Thank you Springfield Marriott!!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Fredericksburg, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

Great entry/lobby layout. Two computer/printer setups, separate sitting areas. Room was great with dining dishes, etc. They provided take out menus and a list of available restaurants. We had a great night!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple