“Lovely stay despite the noise.”

Residence Inn Springfield Old Keene Mill
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We spent one night here as a stopover on our way back to New Jersey from North Carolina. We arrived half an hour before midnight. Check-in was fast. We were given a room on the third floor facing the street. It is nicely decorated like a studio apartment and less like a hotel room, and is clean. The kitchen is well stocked and there is a good-sized refrigerator and a microwave oven although we did not have a need for them. The television is on a swivel whereby it can be facing the sofa or the bed. The sink is separate from the bathroom which is nice. When I'm about to sleep that's when I noticed the noise from the street traffic. I haven't had this problem in any of the other hotels I've stayed in even when the room is facing the street. This was when I remembered that I had requested for a room on the high floor and away from the street when I booked (based on the recommendations of the other reviewers). It took me longer to fall asleep and when I did, those street noises did not wake me up. However, for those who are light sleepers this may be an issue. The breakfast was very good with a number of hot items available and there were three staff taking care of it. I would have given this hotel a perfect rating had it not been for the street noise.

Room Tip: Make sure to request for a room on the high floor and away from the street. If you're checking...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Pramedor

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night after attending a ceremony at Quantico so we could take our daughters to DC. This hotel has a free shuttle to the nearby Metro station and we utilized it yesterday to go to DC. We were given an upgrade to a two bedroom suite which was a very nice surprise. Our daughters enjoyed the pool but we thought the hit tub looked a little green so we didn't use it. Staff is very friendly. Our room was clean and updated, although the recliner in our room was a little worn on the arms. No big deal though and we really liked this hotel and staff. Love Marriott!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Dee409
Meg A, General Manager at Residence Inn Springfield Old Keene Mill, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Hi Dee409,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your recent trip with your family! I am happy to hear about you enjoying the room and the shuttle to the metro! This is a great way to avoid traffic and get around the area! We hope you will stop chose to stay with us again when in the area!

Thanks again!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

My family and I stayed here for three days as a quick getaway over Easter Weekend. I have twin toddlers and one has food allergies, so our choices are usually pricey and limited. I booked this hotel because I wanted convenience into DC, a separate room for our toddlers to sleep, and a kitchen where I could cook a few things so I didn't worry about my allergy-riddled baby.

This hotel was wonderful in so many ways! Upon check-in, a staff member said the magic words that every hotel CSR should say: "I saw you were traveling with young kids, so I put you in a quiet area of the hotel." I was ready to give a four-star reccomendation on that alone. But really, EVERY member of the staff we encountered was friendly - even the lifeguard at the pool. The room we had was at the end of a hallway, so everything was quiet.

The breakfast was perfect; there were lots of hot and cold options and the staff was attentive to keeping everything stocked. The pool was perfect for a quick dip with the boys - they loved it. Houskeeping did a great job as well.

This is by far the BEST option in Springfield. I will, without a doubt, be back again soon.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JustStace

Hi JustStace,

Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your experience! I am SO happy to hear we could exceed your expectations from the moment of check-in! I can only imagine how stressful it would be traveling with toddlers with food allergies and I am thrilled to know we could give you the peace of mind to know you could take care of your family while away from home!

I will be sure to share your experience with the team as we LOVE to hear great stories like this!

Thanks so much!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed here twice while visiting family in Springfield. The location is perfect for us - only 5 minutes to the kids' house. We actually pulled the bedclothes up to see what kind of mattress was on the bed because we slept so well here. The hotel is very clean & neat. The breakfast is your standard free hotel breakfast - scrambled eggs w/some sort of meat, yogurt, bagels, muffins, cold cereals, etc. But the surprise was, the hot food was hot & the cold food was cold. The only reason I can't give it an excellent rating is because of the noisy location on a very busy road in Springfield near the "spaghetti bowl" configuration of highways in the I-95 corridor. We will be staying here again, BUT we will ask for a room not on the Old Keene Mill Rd side - it looks right down onto that road & in view of several on/off ramps. If there is a quieter side to this hotel, we'll find it because we plan to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face Old Keene Mill Road.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AuntyTay
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed here to visit an event at the DC Convention Center. Since we live about an hour from DC and have worked in the city is was perfect for us because we were familiar with DC and could drive in by car. If you need to rely on Metro, you'll still need to drive to catch it. We were pleased with the room, breakfast, and cleanliness. When my husband checked in he wasn't happy about the staff in that they essentially ignored him for a few minutes but my check out experience was very positive. I was greeted before I reached the desk and they were very pleasant. The breakfast was one of the better we've seen. It was the little things like salsa and chives for the eggs, yogurt parfaits and pancakes and oatmeal pre-made. Not instant oatmeal. Also the way the staff opened another room for a large group to use so they wouldn't overrun the area for the rest of us. We had a partial kitchen fully stocked. Very close to nice dining.

Room Tip: We had a suite on the top floor. Very quiet except for some road traffic.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I was a guest here for 6 months, and am back again. As far as I am concerned, this is the only place to stay when visiting the Washington DC Area.

The entire hotel is extremely clean, and well kept. Hot breakfast every morning, as well as grab and go items. There is also, an evening meal Monday - Thursday. There is also a shuttle service to the local metro station,

Meg has an awesome staff. Each and every one of them is polite, courteous, and will go out of their way to help you with whatever you need. I could name them all, but I'll save that for a letter to Marriott.

So, if you are planning a trip to the Washington DC area, I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Book with confidence, and know that you will have an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank thetilly
GMSpfRes, General Manager at Residence Inn Springfield Old Keene Mill, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear thetilly,

Thank you for taking the time to write us and let us know if your experience! The team takes a lot of pride around taking care of our guests in the best possible way! I am happy to hear you enjoyed our breakfast as well.

We look forward to seeing you stay with us again!

Meg A

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Extremely clean and nice hotel. It's also in a great location! The breakfast was pretty good as well. The only issue we had unfortunately was when ironing, it caused the smoke alarm to go off and then there was also another instance whereas we had to all leave our rooms and the fire department came!! But all was well! The staff were great during these situations as well!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple