“What a great find!!”

Residence Inn Springfield Old Keene Mill
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is a GREAT quick stop hotel conveniently located off of route 95. We arrived to a welcome that included a complimentary Asian dinner. Awesome buffet which included a wide variety of food and DRINKS included. The room was amazing. Two bedroom suite with living area and kitchenette. CLEAN!
In addition, breakfast was also included which was another amazing buffet.
We will definitely choose this hotel again on our travels down south!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
caresse w, Manager at Residence Inn Springfield Old Keene Mill, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Hello,

We are happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay at our hotel! Asian Night is one of our more popular Evening Social nights, and we are glad that your family was able to experience and enjoy it along with our complimentary breakfast buffet. The two bedroom suites are extremely popular with our guest reservations, and we're glad that the suite met your travel needs. We look forward to your next stay at the Springfield Old Keene Mill Residence Inn, and we thank you for your feedback!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We arrived at this hotel and were very pleased with the circular drive entrance and adjoining free parking garage. The hotel lobby was very expansive and "new Looking". We had asked for a quiet room and got our keys and proceeded to our floor and a VERY long walk to our room. While I appreciate Residence Inn's efforts to provide a "suite" for everyone, it was a tight fit. When we opened up the convertible couch for our child, it made for a difficult walk thru. Top it off, the maid didn't even bother to make up the couch bed, just left it as we did, semi-open. Also, the dishwasher had not been turned on either.
Being a small suite, it was very difficult to regulate the thermostat. The first night we sweated thinking we had set the temperature at a comfortable number. The second night was even worse as the air blew on our bed! I really don't know why more hotels don't just put in ceiling fans so circulate the air comfortably and quietly!
The breakfast was minimal at best....and a very short window to get anything.
When I had called to ask how close the Metro stop was I was told it would be about a 10 minute walk.....NOT! I know they had a shuttle available, but not good to rely on that. The bonus was that parking at the Metro was free on Saturday!

Room Tip: Ask how far away the room is from the elevator if you have trouble walking
1  Thank MiMi143
Meg A, General Manager at Residence Inn Springfield Old Keene Mill, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear MiMi143,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Your feedback is very valuable and very much appreciated!

I do apologize for the problems with the metro infortmation and for the room not meeting your expectations. I can definitely understand your frustration! I can assure you that I have addressed the issues with our team to insure that they are not repeated in the future.

Again, Thank you for choosing our hotel for your travel needs and I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to be your host again in the future.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We hosted our Family reunion here over the weekend of 7/10-7/14. The hotel staff was exceptional in making sure our family was well served and comfortable. Laura was kind, patient and helpful and went above and beyond throughout the planning process. The hotel was full so noise was to be expected but it certainly was not any more than average. The rooms were clean and well appointed. We had guests that arrived early and the staff let those that were there get checked in as early as 9 am when possible. We used the meeting room and the staff even went so far as to make small personalized centerpieces for the tables. The rate was more than reasonable for the accomodations and I appreciated everything that was done to ensure out stay and reunion guests were comfortable and happy throughtout. I will recommend them to anyone that may be looking for a block of rooms and for my future corporate and personal events.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms face the courtyard. Others face the highway.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Meg A, General Manager at Residence Inn Springfield Old Keene Mill, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear MrsA7432,

Thank you so much for your kind words! I am so excited that you enjoyed your weekend at the hotel! Laura was thrilled to be able to take care of your family reunion with little extra touches! We hope that the 80th birthday surprise went well!

Thank you for choosing our location for such a special weekend!

Meg

Reviewed 14 July 2014

This property is clean, well maintanined and the staff are exceptional. I used them for a family reunion with overnigh roooms and using the banquet room. Laura and the entire staff went above and beyond to make sure our guests were comfortable and that we had access to everything we needed for our dinners and gatherings. They even made personaized centerpieces for our dinners on Friday and Saturday evening. They made sure everything was in place to accommodate our group and to help meI pull everything off without a hitch. Our guests stated to me on numerous occasions how impressed they were with the property and the overall service. In addition the rate was more than affordable which allowed for a very nice studio suite.
I will certainly keep the Marriott Residence Inn in Springfield in mind for other events, personal or corporate.

Room Tip: Even number rooms face the courtyard. The other rooms face the highway which can be noisy.
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed at the hotel this past weekend and were delighted that they had a 2BR suite available when we made reservations. I love to stay at Residence Inn locations whenever traveling with my youngest son especially and this time we had my three year old niece along as well. We arrived in town a little early and fortunately, our room was ready when we got there. We checked in at about 1 p.m. and found the room to be very clean and nice. (It's probably about time to update some of the furnishings but clean always ranks high with me!) After heading out for lunch and to run a few quick errands, we returned to get ready for a concert we were attending at Hylton Memorial Chapel. There was a knock at the door from the guests across the hall. They wanted to be "respectful" and let us know that they were having friends and family in from W. VA and ask that if they got too loud during the night if we would just knock and let them know. Red flag! The hotel has a strict policy about parties and smoking and guests sign a statement acknowledging this at check-in. My family said to just let it ride and see how things went when we got back. We did not return to the hotel until about 11:30 but the party across the hall had obviously just gotten started. Wanting to avoid a confrontation and not knowing just how many people were in the room across the hall, I called the front desk (this is when I realized that instead of three phones--one in each area of the suite, there was only one in the bedroom with the king bed) and was assured that it would be addressed. At no point did we ever hear anyone from the hotel come to the room or follow up with us to be sure things had settled down. My daughter who slept on the sofa bed in the main room caught the worst part of this and shared the next morning that she really didn't sleep because the noise never stopped. Did I mention there was stomping and running in and out of the room? When we checked out early Sunday morning to continue with our plans in the area, I advised two employees at the desk of our experience. I was offered 5,000 reward points for my trouble and questioned about why we did not call back after that. Really?? Driving home that afternoon and discussing with my family how they had also been disturbed by all of this during the night, I opted to follow up directly with the general manager when I returned home. A day has passed and there has still been no response to my message.

Had it not been for the statement signed at check-in, I may have chalked this up to a bad experience and opted to not stay at this hotel again. But, I just keep seeing that statement in my mind and wondering why this was tolerated for a particular group of guests. I am sure if our children had been too loud, we would have been called out on it. In some of the reviews I read about this location, people complained of street noise. We were on the third floor and could see the top of the hotel parking deck from our room. I wish we could have heard the street and traffic noise. It would have been anticipated at least instead of the random outbursts we heard through the night.

The hotel was really nice, the staff was even nice--maybe too nice, breakfast was good, the pool had a lifeguard on duty and our room was spacious and clean, but if neighbors knock and tell you they are going to have a party--believe them and ask for another room immediately.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Meg A, General Manager at Residence Inn Springfield Old Keene Mill, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear VATraveling Mommy,

I am so sorry to hear about this experience! I can only imagine how frustrating this entire experience and your stay has been for you and your family! I am sincerely sorry for this situation! I can assure you that this is not something that normally occurs at our hotel! Also, I disappointed that you reached out for me. I can promise you I have received no such message! I am not sure where the communication occurred.
Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts. I will be sure to share your experience with the entire team on handling these situations in a more proactive manner.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We spent one night here as a stopover on our way back to New Jersey from North Carolina. We arrived half an hour before midnight. Check-in was fast. We were given a room on the third floor facing the street. It is nicely decorated like a studio apartment and less like a hotel room, and is clean. The kitchen is well stocked and there is a good-sized refrigerator and a microwave oven although we did not have a need for them. The television is on a swivel whereby it can be facing the sofa or the bed. The sink is separate from the bathroom which is nice. When I'm about to sleep that's when I noticed the noise from the street traffic. I haven't had this problem in any of the other hotels I've stayed in even when the room is facing the street. This was when I remembered that I had requested for a room on the high floor and away from the street when I booked (based on the recommendations of the other reviewers). It took me longer to fall asleep and when I did, those street noises did not wake me up. However, for those who are light sleepers this may be an issue. The breakfast was very good with a number of hot items available and there were three staff taking care of it. I would have given this hotel a perfect rating had it not been for the street noise.

Room Tip: Make sure to request for a room on the high floor and away from the street. If you're checking...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Pramedor
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night after attending a ceremony at Quantico so we could take our daughters to DC. This hotel has a free shuttle to the nearby Metro station and we utilized it yesterday to go to DC. We were given an upgrade to a two bedroom suite which was a very nice surprise. Our daughters enjoyed the pool but we thought the hit tub looked a little green so we didn't use it. Staff is very friendly. Our room was clean and updated, although the recliner in our room was a little worn on the arms. No big deal though and we really liked this hotel and staff. Love Marriott!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Dee409
Meg A, General Manager at Residence Inn Springfield Old Keene Mill, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Hi Dee409,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your recent trip with your family! I am happy to hear about you enjoying the room and the shuttle to the metro! This is a great way to avoid traffic and get around the area! We hope you will stop chose to stay with us again when in the area!

Thanks again!