Courtyard Springfield
US$90
ComfortInn
US$136
US$123
Wingate by Wyndham Springfield(Springfield)(Great Value!)
US$75
Hotels.com
US$178
US$118
Travelocity
TownePlace Suites Springfield(Springfield)(Great Value!)
US$144
All reviewssmall marketmarriott propertieseasy accessva areametro stationone night staymixing bowlstaff was very friendly and helpfulcomfortable stayconvenient locationgreat place to stayfront desk staffhome away from homelobbyalexrenovationdresser
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed here for 3 weekday nights in May, and overall average hotel at best. I'm a Marriott Awards member so stay at Marriott hotels frequently, and this particular hotel is near the bottom of the list for me. The hotel is decent enough, not a dump, but definitely not at what is should be for the price and Marriott award category.

Some of the turnoffs: average food quality, long waits for dinner and breakfast food service, a heavily advertised "manager's special" social hour that included just a small tray of low grade french fries and fried shrimp, slow and often not working internet service in the room, cable service in room with many channels that did not work well and a vastly outdated cable channel guide in room guest guide, room service was not completed at all one of my days and another day I got a knock on my door at 8am for room service. I addressed some of my room complaints to the front desk with general indifference.

Overall, the hotel looks clean and nice, but service and organization is lacking.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Peter D
Springfield_CY_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your comments and concerns about your stay. You comments are very valuable to us and will make sure to share them with the rest of the team.

I would like to first apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. In the future, do not hesitate to ask for the manager on duty to inform us of any concerns during your stay. We want to makes sure that we address them immediately while you are in our property. Our goal is to provide excellent service and we want to make sure you receive that.

I thank you again for staying with us and look forward to accommodating your stay in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had a group of kids up there last week. There were a few others there that were rowdy, but I was very pleased our kids were so very well behaved. The hotel was nice and having a Starbucks like coffee center was kinda cool. The place was clean, and everyone was friendly. I would say my only real knock was the rules around the pool. No more than 20 people? Really that includes sitting around the pool. So we had 55 kids and 8 adults. We ended up only being able to let 15 kids swim at a time, a few kids in the hot tub, and a couple adults. The life guard was just doing is job, but he was a little rude about it. I would say that part alone is why this did not get a 4 star rating.

Room Tip: I would have asked for a room with a fridge.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your comments and concerns. They are very valuable to us and will makes sure to share them with the rest of our team members.
In reference to the pool guidelines, they are put in placed and enforced by the lifeguard for security reasons. I do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused, but it is for the guests safety.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I choose Courtyard for about 75% of my business trips because the rooms are clean, spacious, up-to-date, reasonably priced and the hotels usually have above average amenities including a Starbucks. The Springfield Courtyard appeared to fit the bill but things started going wrong at the check-in. The check-in clerk decided to show someone the exercise room and pool and left the front desk unattended, while 2 other guests and I waited to check-in. I finally went around the counter to the office area and found 2 clerks having a conversation while they did paperwork. After I got to the room the problems continued as there weren't any lights working in the bedroom. An hour later someone came and fixed the lights after I had to make 2 additional calls. The only bright spot was an excellent breakfast the following morning at the Starbucks kiosk. There are plenty of hotels in this area and I won't use this one again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Springfield_CY_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us. I will make sure to share them with our staff members. Your concerns are very valuable to us and we thank you for them.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Stayed here for one night using my reward points. I had a flight out of Reagan the next morning and I did not want to drive the four hours north the day of my afternoon flight. Hotel is clean with nice staff. The check in process was easy and fast. This hotel is located about 3 minutes driving distance from the Franconia-Springfield metro. I took the metro to the airport.

The only downside was the $200 cash I had to pay for incidentals since I do not own a credit or bank card. It just seemed like a bit much for one night. I did get it back the next morning though.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us. Your comments and concerns are very valuable to us and will make sure to address them immediately with our staff members.

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Had a nice stay here two weekends ago to visit a friend only complaint was conditioner bottles were the size of thimbles. Staff was nice. Location was good. My girls liked the pool and the food and coffee were good.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I will make sure to share your comments and concerns with our staff members.