Stayed here one night while visiting family in Springfield. The hotel is very conveniently located right off exit 169A of I-95. We were pleased with the hotel, and would stay there again when in the area. It would also be a great base for exploring DC as the Franconia/Springfield Metro Station is only ½ mile away and the hotel runs a free shuttle to the station.
When we arrived, we had somewhat of a difficult time deciding where to go to check in. What appears to be the “front door” faces the street, but there is no drive way to get to it. A sign indicating where to go to check in would have been helpful.
Once we found our way to the desk, we were checked into our room quickly. The front desk person told us about breakfast, and we were on our way.
We were on the second floor. Our room was very nicely laid out, and was immaculately clean. There is a medium size bathroom with Paul Mitchel toiletries, a kitchen area that included a medium size refrigerator with a separate freezer, a small stove, a dishwasher, and a microwave. There were several nice quality pots and pans, utensils, and place setting for four, in addition to measuring cup, measuring spoons, corkscrew, can opener, toaster, coffee maker, and microwave pan. There is a very nice desk/work area with multiple outlets and a lamp, as well as internet connection (internet access is included) and a “roll out” computer/typing height desk that allows you to move your work to anywhere in the room. The living area included a small sofa and a chair, and a rolling hassock/coffee table. The top of the hassock was removable and could serve as a lap tray. The room we were in had a full size bed and extra pillows. It was quite comfortable and we slept well.
Breakfast is in a bright room on the first floor. The most popular item was the “make your own waffle” station. This was quite easy to use and made actually quite good waffles provided you remembered to spray the waffle iron with the oil provided and followed the directions. In addition to the waffles, there were hard boiled eggs, and a large assortment of breads, rolls, muffins, bagels and even French toast that could be placed in the toaster for heating, as well as a selection of cereals and fresh apples and bananas. A cooler held small cartons of milk (whole and skim) and several varieties of yogurt . Of course there was also coffee, tea, hot chocolate, orange and apple juice available. In all a very nice continental breakfast. I did notice later in the morning, after the breakfast hours, that there was still some yogurt and milk in the cooler which was really nice.
Accessibility: There are no stairs into the hotel, and the elevator is large enough to accommodate those with assistive devices and even a power wheelchair. Be sure to ask for an accessible suite otherwise using the bathroom may prove a challenge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy yourself at our extended stay hotel for one night or weeks at a time. Our pet-friendly hotel’s prime location makes us perfect for business and leisure travelers. We’re near many local area businesses and a few miles from Washington DC. During your stay, you can indulge at the Springfield Mall or visit The Smithsonian Museum, The Pentagon, and many other DC attractions. Getting to where you need to be has never been easier with our complimentary shuttle service to the Franconia/Springfield metro station; available M-F. For your stay, choose from a spacious studio, one, or two-bedroom suite, all with full kitchens. Jump start your day with our free hot breakfast buffet. Enjoy our seasonal outdoor pool and 24-hour fitness center to help you stay on track during your stay at our Springfield VA hotel. Other amenities include free WiFi to help you stay connected and our In-a-Pinch market where you can grab a snack or convenience items open 24-hours a day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your TownePlace Suites Springfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Towneplace Suites Springfield Hotel Springfield
- Springfield Towneplace Suites