“Excellent Rooms and amenities”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Springfield
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My husband and I and my 3 teenage grandkids stayed at this hotel in June. The hotel was very clean. We were there for 4 nights. A plus for this hotel is that breakfast was included every day, but they also had dinner included from Mondays - Thursdays, as well as coupon for wine for each day that we stood there, but also during the weekdays. Staff was excellent. They dropped you off by shuttle to the train station and picked you up from the train station, making it very easy to travel in Washington. The only thing was that the water in the pool was not very warm, but aside from that I would give it the highest review. Enjoyed the stay!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

We’re happy to hear from you, and glad you enjoyed your stay with us at Homewood Suites Springfield, VA. We appreciate you and your family choosing to stay with us while visiting. I’m pleased to hear we were well suited for your family travels and that you enjoyed our daily breakfast. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon for more family fun.

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Springfield

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Although I only stayed for one night, I plan to use this hotel again in the future. Room was clean and inviting. Breakfast and Manager's Social was of excellent quality. Even though there was a large group of tenagers staying on the same floor as us, our room was quiet and we slept undisturbed. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

We're happy to hear from you, and we're glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us at Homewood Suites Springfield, VA. It's great to know that you had a good night's rest and enjoyed our clean and comfortable rooms as well as our friendly staff. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

The rooms were very comfortable, the staff were friendly and efficient, the Hotel Bus was helpful and the complimentary breakfast and suppers were very good. The price of the rooms was also very reasonable and affordable.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. It is wonderful to know that you found our rooms comfortable and our staff friendly and efficient. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times since it opened approximately a year ago and it continues to provide great service, a comfortable stay, and a convenience to a lot.

The staff if always very helpful and polite. The rooms are always clean. The gym is sufficient.

My one complaint (as a guest staying for business) is that they can get big school groups. This can mean a lot of kids at breakfast or the complimentary dinner/happy hour. That said, it's a hotel of a great value with the suite setup, so I can't give a lower score as this is an understood risk. I will say I haven't heard the kids from my room, so I think the hotel has done a good job of separating them within the hotel from other guests.

I also like that this hotel has a kitchenette and happens to be across the street from Trader Joes and Giant. Very convenient and several good restaurants.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you for sharing feedback on your experience at Homewood Suites Springfield, VA. I appreciate your detailed review. Incredible reflections like yours give us areas to improve our guest experience. We’re pleased to hear our clean hotel, friendly staff, and convenient location made for an enjoyable stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Hotel is about 1 year old and in very nice shape. Free Breakfast and dinners were okay. The free shuttle to the Metro (and local shopping) was convenient (leaves every 30 minutes). Metro station is about 10 minute drive from hotel on shuttle. Nice thing is the shopping mall across the parking lot that contains groceries (Eagle and Trader Joe), shopping (KMart), restaurants (Chioptle, McDonalds, Pizza/Italian, Chinese and Vietnamese Noodle). There is also a Noodle & Co. directly next to hotel. Staff was always friendly and willing to help. On-site laundry costs $1 for a wash and $1 to dry (4 washers and 6 dryers). Kitchen in room is small (2 burner electric stove) so I wouldn't prepare large meals in the room. Room does have full refrigerator and dishwasher. Definitely would stay here again!

Room Tip: I choose a corner suite which looks (from the floor plan) much larger than your typical room. There...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

We are delighted to hear not only of the comfort you experienced at our hotel, but also that you were able to take advantage of the variety of offerings around our hotel. Our location is a key attribute to providing our guests with endless opportunities of discovery throughout their stay. We appreciate your kind review!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Staff was exceptional, the rooms were wonderful, the free breakfast and dinners were yummie and the rates are competitive. It is close to the Metro system with complementary van service to and from the Metro. LOVED THE STAY !

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thanks so much for your review and recommendation! We appreciate hearing from you and are glad to know you enjoyed your stay and the level of service we provide. Thank you especially for recognizing the staff, I will be sure to share your kind comments. We look forward to seeing you next time you’re in the DC area!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

This was my first time staying at the Homewood Suites in Springfield. I picked this location due to the wonderful reviews. My 3 night stay started off a little rough, not because of the hotel or the customer service of the staff. The front desk was very friendly and the room was very nice, clean and comfortable. My issues were from getting information that was not correct and that requests that I made were not fulfilled. On the second day of my stay I went back to the front desk to voice my concerns and to express how I was not a very happy customer at the time. I had the pleasure of talking with assistant general manager Seto. Having worked in service/customer service fields for many years I can pretty much pick up on if the person you are talking to is actually listening to your concerns and really cares about your issues or is just going through the motions. I feel the Seto really did understand where I was coming from and really wanted to make everything right. He upgraded my room, along with providing a billing adjustment. The hotel is wonderful and the staff our extremely friendly, I also must say the gentleman that drove the shuttle in the morning was also very nice and provided a great customer service experience. The welcome home dinner and the breakfast were both very good, and the staff putting out the food was very nice and friendly. The one item I did notice about both rooms that I stayed in was the ceiling fans were very noisy. Thank you again Seto for going above and beyond and helping a loyal Homewood Suite customer feel good about the Hilton brand again. My only advice and not meaning this to sound harsh is the staff should follow up on customer requests and to know the product a little better, especially when it comes to room types. Also when using the e-check in feature, showing the hotel layout and not just the room number available would help the customer picking a room location. I hope to visit again and enjoy all the Homewood Suites in Springfield has to offer.

Room Tip: even number rooms face the parking lot and are quieter
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for writing a review about your experience at Homewood Suites Springfield, VA. We appreciate your continued patronage and for choosing our hotel. I regret your initial frustration, but I am delighted to hear that Seto made things right. I’ll be certain to pass along your compliments Seto. We enjoyed having you as our guest, and we hope you’ll visit us again soon.