“First & Last Time Here” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Austin Grill

Austin Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Austin Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 192 Restaurants in Springfield
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Cuisines: Southwestern, Bar, Mexican, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tyner, NC
“First & Last Time Here”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Average is being generous. We were here on a recommendation, so expectations were high - what a disappointment! This place is more sports bar with a restaurant section, so I was really surprised by the number of families I saw in this establishment. This was the first week of World Cup & apparently that called for all speakers on full blast. Asked to be moved from underneath a speaker that was blaring without a TV within easy view of my location. Noticed that the next family that was seated in our 1st booth, also asked to be moved, so we know it wasn't just us! We ordered the wings on the recommendation of our first waiter, half original/half BBQ - won't do that again, my lips burned for at least 15 minutes and no indication on the menu that all their wings are spicy, the BBQ wings are just original with BBQ sauce on top of them. These puppies are not cheap, almost a dollar a wing. For dinner, my bride ordered the "Stevie Ray Vaughn" that was a combination Tex-Mex platter that was disappointing to her; she took most of it home where there were no other takers, so it ended up in the trash. I ordered the combination ribs/chicken platter that was also a disappointment but better than the wings. Ribs were tasty but very dry and almost overcooked & the chicken I took home for someone else because the outside of the chicken piece looked like the wings & I wasn't about to take a chance! Washed the meal down with a pricey draft Miller Lite. We decided that this is not the place for us, but others must love it, because the place was packed with families, couples, & singles - they can have it, we won't be back!

• Visited June 2014

Upper Marlboro, Maryland
“Has gone downhill in the last 6 months”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Food quality has experienced a down turn in the last 6 months. Wings are excellent when not over grilled or over spiced. Nachos have been changed and are not near as good as they once were. We heard there was a management change and based on the food lately they are looking to save money vice maintain or increase quality. Service is always excellent though.

• Visited March 2014
Springfield, Virginia
“Tex Mex in VA”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great family spot. Kids eat for $1 on Tuesday nights, but the kids menu is not inspiring. The kids enchiladas come unsauced and are rather unappetizing. I had the chickent fajitas and they were fine. The pulled pork sandwich my companion had got rave reviews. The rice is very good. I have also tried their tostada salad, and the tortilla bowl is crispy and not greasy and the salad consisted of more than just iceberg lettuce, which is always a bonus.

Visited May 2014
Springfield, Virginia
“gritty pork carnitas”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

2nd time visit and NOT returning for a 3rd. 1st visit the service was great even though the place was packed. Food was 2 stars. This visit service warranted a 5% tip, but my generous hubby gave him 15% for the waiters attempt at superficial service. We had to ask for the appetizer twice only to have it show up with the meal after a 3rd request. 0 stars for my meal the Willie Nelson since the carnitas tacos had GRIT in them. My son enjoyed his sliders, my daughter says, "Meh." to the chix enchiladas, but my hubby's BBQ meatloaf was 5 stars - hence the 2 stars total.

• Visited May 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Fairfax Station, Virginia
“Nice Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

Had the fajitas, and LOVED their chips. Service was surprisingly good; we may have had the best waiter in the place. Also had the quesadillas for an appetizer - nicely done. This is by no means a 5-star restaurant, but is definitely a nice place to bring your family...nice atmosphere, good food.

• Visited May 2014