“Springfield, VA Best Western”

Best Western Springfield
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
York, United States
“Springfield, VA Best Western”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Besides a non-working refrigerator, which maintenance attempted to remedy, we had a great stay. We came to town to attend a party held at the hotel and the amenities were very nice. I was pleased with the customer service and friendliness of the staff. I would definitely recommend this hotel and plan to stay again, when I'm in town.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

2 Thank Holly S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Groningen, The Netherlands
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night and it was perfect. The hotels in washington dc were really expensive, so thisw as a good deal. The staff was wonderfull and the breakfast good.
They have a free shuttle service to the metrostation, which brings you straight to the white house.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed 5 June 2014

As regular visitors to the Springfield/Arlington area, we have always stayed at a competitor's hotel chain. NOT ANY MORE!!! We had always dealt with the front desk supervisor (Stacey) at our long-time choice hotel, and were surprised to find he no longer was employed by them. After some "intensive" research, I found him at the Best Western in Springfield and we are SO glad we did! He and the Manager are super! The hotel stay was great and the breakfast bar SO much better than our prior hotel --- meaning REAL eggs were on the breakfast bar!
A huge "thank you" to Stacey and staff. Hold on to him, Best Western, as he is your first contact with the public and certainly is welcoming and an asset to your hotel. See " y'all" again;-)
Your Pittsburgh, PA friends!

Room Tip: Check in with Stacey and you will be graciously accommodated! Tell him what you're looking for...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sandfans
Virginia
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Am I guilty of looking for a really cheap hotel on the fly and getting a cheap hotel with the bad attitudes, uncomfortable beds, and what seemed to be loitering teenagers which should be expected but I'm still shocked? YES. Let's start with the staff. I won't complain about the girl (I think her name was Summer if I heard it correctly) because she was actually decent to me but there was a different girl working with her and she was just nasty as can be. I didn't catch her name but I wish I did. She had an attitude the second I walked through the door. She even rolled her eyes at me when I corrected her on something. If you absolutely hate your job and refuse to be somewhat decent to guests then you have no business working in the hospitality industry. She needs to be fired and it's as simple as that. She alone is enough to make me never want to stay there again but there was more. There are ALWAYS people loitering and hanging outside the entrance doors to the hotel smoking and being loud. It's off putting and makes this hotel look ghetto. The bed was the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept in in my entire life. I have stayed here in the past and didn't really have any complaints because it has a mini fridge, a microwave, the hot water works better than some high end places I've been to, it has a pool too but it just seems to have turned into a dump. When the staff treat you like garbage right off the bat then you should know it's not a great place to be in general. Don't stay here unless you are truly desperate.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Haverhill, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights room was nice and clean, hvac worked great elevators were fast in spite of 8 bus loads of kids, security was great ample parking close to the highway. The hotel had a great pool to use. Overall the hotel was good with the exception of the internet, it was as slow as frozen molasses when you were able to get a signal and could sign on.

Room Tip: bring a personal hotspot if you want to use your compute
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Gaffney, United States
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Best Western is a great hotel. The staff was very helpful, caring and friendly. I will definitely visit again and will recommend this hotel. The breakfast was amazing and will fill you up! Thanks so much for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We needed to send staff to Springfield for a long term assignment with varying schedules we underbooked the number of rooms we need. The General Manager stepped up big time for us.
Our experience with the Best Western Springfield Virginia has been nothing short of excellent. The General Manager has been working very closely with our staff to provide accommodations on a whims notice for an extended stay for business. The rooms were clean,decorated nicely the "free full breakfast" that included a hot breakfast of eggs, waffles, bacon and cereals was very good and very satisfying. The staff was excellent and friendly. Can't ask for more

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business