All reviewswafflesshuttle servicemetro stationmain buildingcoffee machinedc areafree shuttlerefrigerator and microwaverestaurants in the arealifeguard on dutyfree breakfastfresh fruitvalue for the moneybreakfast areanice breakfastbeds were very comfortableconvenient location
Reviewed 14 October 2017

We stayed here just for 1 night. It's in a good location, easy on and off 395, near a shopping mall and lots of restaurants. The hotel has been updated but think more needs to be done to make it a very good hotel, but that would increase the price which was very reasonable for this area. The breakfast buffet was great, actually served in what must have been a restaurant, old decor but large to accommodate a full hotel. Also, noticed the busy street noise even thought we were on the 5th floor, should have asked for a room on the other side of the street. The bed was comfortable.

Room Tip: room on the opposite side of the street for light sleepers
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Al S, Manager at Best Western Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Thank you for giving us your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.
I glad to know that you like the location. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.
Thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback

Reviewed 11 October 2017

This was a very good Bestwestern!
Everything about my stay was perfect.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Washington DC area.
The breakfast was really good. The rooms were very clean. Over all a great stay!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed 5 nights and we enjoyed it. The complementary breakfast was rich, fresh and very tasty. It is possible to go from Springfield to Washington D.C. with the blue metro and avoid the hassle of driving and parking.
The only issue was the bed which was quite soft.
So in my opinion this hotel is one of the most cost effective choice when visiting Washington D.C..

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

The outward appearance of the hotel left a lot to be desired. First, it was difficult to tell where the front door was. Since we couldn’t directly tell, we had no idea where to park. The lobby was a very quaint area but the person working was nice. The overall outside appearance was outdated but inside the room itself seemed to be recently updated with laminate flooring throughout. The top linens looked nice but the ones under appeared worn and discolored, old. This hotel is positioned right under an overpass and our room looked right out at that overpass so we could hear the traffic. Our biggest issue was when I went into the bathroom and couldn’t get out!! The door obviously had previous issues that weren’t addressed and it happened that my closing the door was the final straw. When I went to leave the bathroom the part of the door that latches could not pass over the latch and so couldn’t open. The bathroom was TINY so I quickly got claustrophobic and started panicking!! My boyfriend tried to open from the outside as I was trying from the inside. After a tremendous amount of him ramming the door and me trying to rip the door off the hinges, we got the dumb thing to open. A maintenance worker did come fix it right away but it was too late for me! Overall, we got an okay experience. We have stayed at several Best Westerns out west and because we had great experiences, we chose BW in VA. This one was not of the same quality as those we’ve been in before. Could we tolerate another stay here? Yes, but I’d probably look elsewhere first.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tara L
Reviewed 9 October 2017

The hotel was just south of Washington and had easy access to 395 to get to the sites we wanted to visit. The cost of the room for 4 nights did not exceed $300.00! The breakfast provided was very good except for the crowds of people. There was at least one day where it was just too crowded to get to the food and be able to sit down. Otherwise, we were pleasantly surprised by the hotel itself. Staff was good and took care of our needs.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Al S, Manager at Best Western Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

I will share it with my entire team and senior management staff.

Thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback