Holiday Inn Express Washington DC SW-Springfield
US$176
US$155
US$123
US$107
Wingate by Wyndham Springfield(Springfield)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$75
US$269
US$249
US$161
Courtyard Springfield(Springfield)
TripAdvisor
All reviewshi expresscinnamon rollsfront deskroom was cleanmetro stationschool groupsstandard farebreakfast areashuttle serviceolder hotelfree breakfastbagelshot breakfastexercise roomthe hotel offersstaff was very friendly and helpfulsamir
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed here one night during our trip to DC. There was a small problem during checkin, they booked us on a room that was already assigned to someone else, so I had to encounter the awkward situation of knocking someone else's door but mistakes do happen, Other than that(I treated it as human error and the front desk was very apologetic afterall), everything else was great about the stay. Clean and tidy rooms, comfortable beds, excellent breakfast, decent Wi-fi signal. We did not have to use their shuttle but I saw a lot of people lined up for it as well. I loved this place and will come back here if I am in the DC area again..

Room Tip: Request for a room thats facing the freeway, It has got a good view..
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Excellent 3 night stay to visit DC. Hotel was clean, fairly updated, had a good breakfast, nice indoor pool, and plenty of free parking. Desk was friendly and helpful. Hotel offered a free shuttle to local stops including the Franconia-Springfield metro stop about 2 miles from the hotel - last stop on the Blue line, so very convenient 30 min ride to the Smithsonian. Hotel has a couple of decent restaurants close by, and right by the Springfield mall.

Only complaint I would have is the rate is around $200/night, a little high for this distance from the city. I used points, so not an issue for us.

No complaints at all, and would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I stayed at the hotel only for one night. Check in was very quick. It was a typical Holiday Inn Express. Everything was clean and in order. The TV was outdated and there was not very much in the way of cable channels to watch. Used the hotel shuttle to go to Mike's American Grill (See my review) Bed was clean and comfortable. I got a second floor room. It had terrible view to HVAC units. A continental breakfast was waiting for me in the morning. It was your typical Choice Hotel/Hampton Inn breakfast options; you know with the waffles, cereal, pastries, juice and coffee. Tried to use the business center but I couldn't get internet access. Check in was really easy. The best thing of this hotel was the location to restaurants, stores and pharmacies. They were in walking distance.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC SW-Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2012

Philly_Dan,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you were not fully satisfied with the accommodations received. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Ben J
IHG Care

Reviewed 1 April 2012

I stayed t this hotel on 3/31/2012. Hotel room was above average. This is not a luxury hotel but a good, solid place to stay that is very near downtown Washington DC (approximately 12 minutes straight shot on 395). Mattress was a bit firm for my taste. Everything was clean and moderately updated. Shower head/pressure was wonderful. Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was your standard fare for a freebie (eggs, sausage, biscuits, otameal, pancakes, cinnamon buns, bagels, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, coffee, juice). The breakfast area was constantly being restocked. Did not experience a noise issue though I saw several large groups of young people. Restaurants are close by, though we chose to eat in DC. I would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I always stay at this hotel an everytime I stay there my stay gets better an better. Staff is very friendly an helps out with whatever I need. The shuttle is a plus I go eat an to shopping centers. A person who stands out is STACEY BOULWARE.....He goes above an beyond, I was ahving a bad day and was very irritated. He welcomed me with a warm big smile an complimented me on how nice I was. I really needed it at that time an it brightened my day. I needed directions to a place, by the time I got my room he called me with the direction and divning directions witha direct number to a nice car company that was willing to take me. Stacey remembered my name and had the room I like the most available. I appreciate my stay an Ill always stay here and I commend Mr. Boulware for going over an beyond, with not just me but all people staying there including having respect for his co-workers. I just appreciated him. Thanks Stacey

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business