We stayed from Wednesday to Sunday, visiting friends in nearby Springfield. Got our reservations through Priceline and we were very pleased with our stay. Checking in and out was very fast (7pm and 10:30am). Our room faced I95 but it was reasonably quiet. The room was well furnished and included a (quiet) fridge. We did miss an in-room safebox.
The adjacent shopping center was convenient for last-minute shopping and there are many nearby restaurants for dine-in or take out - a bonus for us since we were watching the World Cup matches in our room.
Breakfast was adequate for the room rate and the hotel staff kept things running smoothly despite the number of guests.
We did have a couple of problems (the room keys became demagnetized when kept next to my cellphone; one day we left the room around 1pm and it remained undone) the hotel staff sorted things out very quickly. From what we saw, the hotel has exactly two elevators - too few and at times we had to use the stairs (we stayed at the 2nd floor - exit is to the parking lot).
For the rate we paid, I think that this hotel and services were very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Washington DC SW-Springfield is a 10 story hotel with newly renovated guest rooms ideally located 13 miles south of Washington, DC at the junction of I-95, I-395, and I-495 Capital Beltway. Our hotel is 11 miles south of Reagan National Airport (DCA) and with our free shuttle servicing the Franconia-Springfield Metro Station the metropolitan area awaits. Local attractions and businesses include: the White House, Smithsonian, Arlington National Cemetery, Mount Vernon, Amtrak Auto Train, Raytheon, Lockheed Martin, General Dynamics, SAIC, General Motors, the Pentagon, Fort Belvoir, and Quantico. Shoppers will enjoy Springfield Mall, Tysons Corner Mall, and Potomac Mills.The Springfield Holiday Inn Express features 194 guest rooms with newly upgraded decor, complimentary high-speed Internet access (wireless throughout hotel, wired in select rooms), complimentary breakfast, free parking, and outdoor pool. Allow the professional sales staff at Holiday Inn Express in Springfield to assist you with your next banquet or social function; we can accommodate up to 200 people. Stay Smart with us and enjoy all of the convenience of Washington, without all of the hassle! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Washington DC SW-Springfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Washington Dc Sw-Springfield Hotel Springfield
- Holiday Inn Express Springfield
- Holiday Inn Springfield
- Springfield Holiday Inn