US$106
Courtyard Springfield(Springfield)
US$142
US$130
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$150/night.

Hilton Springfield(Springfield)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$110
Book now, pay at stay
US$168
US$155
Homewood
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$172/night.

US$172
Hotels.com
Book now, pay at stay
US$217
US$175
EmbassySuites.com
Wingate by Wyndham Springfield(Springfield)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$101
BestWestern.com
Comfort Inn(Springfield)(Great Value!)
US$89
Priceline
All reviewshi expressfront deskroom was cleanmetro stationschool groupsstandard farebreakfast areashuttle serviceolder hotelfree breakfastfree shuttleexercise roomthe hotel offerswould definitely stay here againwashington dcoatmealsamir
Reviewed 29 June 2005

I would give this hotel a B+/A-. We had to reserve a 2 double smoking room because no nonsmoking rooms were available. I called the hotel direct and told them that we MUST have a room w/ 2 double beds and that if a 2 double nonsmoking became available to put us down for that room. I was told that there would be no problem. When we arrive, they gave away our 2 double smoking room and gave us a king w/ sofa bedroom. We were told that no other rooms would be available for the night. However, on the second day after talking to 2 staff members we were able to get a 2 double nonsmoking. We were there for 4 nights, so we had the room we wanted for 3 nights. Housekeeping did get the room ready very quickly for us however. In the second room we had a lamp with no lightbulb and the television was getting horrible reception. We went to the desk about the bulb and was told, "We can't get that for your right now, sorry." I was not impressed. We told the desk about the problems the following morning and they were taken care of, which made us very happy. They have a wonderful continental breakfast, be sure to take advantage of it. They have a fair sized pool which is nice for families after a long day but it was very cold. Most staff was very warm and friendly. The hotel does show it's age, but for the most parl it is very nice. Stay here if you want to save money on your vacation. Take advantage of the free shuttle to the metro and take that to downtown DC. The bottom line: For the price you pay this place is wonderful. Give it a go, you will love it! Just tell the desk right away if you have any problems. Have Fun!
PS: They have excellent showers!

• Stayed: June 2005
8  Thank teleholic
Reviewed 14 June 2005

Holiday Inn Express is my hotel of choice when I'm on the road for business or pleasure because of their consistency at giving a high quality experience without the added nickel and diming of a "full service" hotel chain. This location was converted from a "real" Holiday Inn into an express which provides for some positives and some negatives.

The ground floor of this hotel has no guest rooms, giving them lots of flexible space to work with. The lobby area has a large seating area separate from the continental breakfast room (which is where the bar probably was when this was a Holiday Inn.) Around the corner from the elevators (multiple elevators - a positive compared to most HI Expresses,) there is an Avis car rental desk, and past that a divideable ballroom. A previous reviewer noted that the staff did a great job at breakfast despite the presence of multiple teenagers. My visit was chaperoning a group of teenagers, and they actually set up our breakfast separately (and plentifully) in one of the ballrooms, allowing the non-group guests to have a quiet, efficient breakfast.

The rooms are amply sized with well-kept furnishings. Since there are no ground floor rooms, you quickly escape the noise of the freeway. Although our room faced I-95, it was very quiet. The air conditioner was also quiet. There is a full lineup of cable television channels, and the wireless Internet access worked like a dream.

Re-reading my review so far, I haven't really justified my four-dot rating instead of ranking it "excellent." The negatives that we experienced were small, but still annoying enough to keep me from going the whole "excellent" rating. The lobby area was being re-arranged. I didn't interact with the staff much at all, so I can't vouch for their helpfulness, and maybe that contributes to my lackluster impression. There was also just something subjective about the property's age and layout that just felt tired.

When choosing a hotel in the DC area, don't feel like you have to avoid the Holiday Inn Express - I-95-S Of I-495. Even though it's not a "destination hotel," it's a quality property that gives you a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: June 2005
10  Thank Redbeard25
Reviewed 25 May 2005

This hotel offers shuttle service to the metro station and close by malls. The rooms are clean and spacious. The whole hotel appearance was clean and updated.

I had problems with the vending machines when I complained to the front desk, they had no problem refunding me and offering me a care package to boot!

I loved this place! - it also offered continental breakfast and the staff were very knowledgable about the area and other restaurants.

I also stayed at one of these chains in N.Y. on Jamaica Ave. they definitely have it right when it comes to customer service.

Thanks for a wonderful stay

Gina Bremar

9  Thank SweetJuice
A TripAdvisor Member
Salt Lake City
Reviewed 5 May 2005

We had a real good experience here. The check in was alittle slow, but the people at the desk were friendly. The rooms had a plain decore, but were large, roomy and clean. They all had a couch and desk, which came in handy. the towels were plush. Everything worked. The continental breakfast was larger than most I have had. They had a shuttle to the train metro train station. Everything was good. Would definately go back.

We spent too much time walking through the monuments, but loved it.

• Stayed: April 2005
12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Loudoun, VA
Reviewed 17 November 2003

Priceline bidding went awry, and I ended up with the Holiday Inn Express in Springfield. I had passed this place many times when it was still a bonafide Holiday Inn. I expected the worst, but was pleasantly surprised! I arrived at midnight to a cheerful, friendly, and helpful Ericka at the front desk. She efficiently checked me in to a nonsmoking room with 2 double beds. The facility itself is old; the hallways to the rooms were dark and a bit dingy (on the second floor). The room was clean and orderly, decorated as one would expect. The bed was clean and comfortable. The pillows, a little thin. The deluxe continental breakfast room was an unexpected pleasure; the staff kept it well-stocked even with a lobby jammed with high schoolers! The 100% guarantee is a nice feature; there was nothing I could complain about!
If you're in the Springfield area, or looking for a decent place within 9 miles of Washington, then this would be the place. All in all, not a bad stay!

• Stayed: November 2003, travelled on business