Red Roof Inn & Suites Stafford
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsno elevatorroom was cleana long road triptwo floorslots of restaurantsexcellent staystaff was very friendlyoutside doorsallow petswould stay againparking lotmorning breakfastneeded a place to stayan upgradei highly recommend this hotelhot breakfaststaying at this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Country Inn and Suites in Stafford, VA recently. It was one of the best experiences we have had at a hotel. The staff was very welcoming and courteous. Our room was spacious, the king size bed, WONDERFUL!! and the soaking tub a nice surprise after an 8 hour road trip. The location was close to all of the places we had planned to visit and we had only to walk to the end of the parking lot to find two good places to eat. We would certainly stay there again!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank reene47
Anna A, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Stafford, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

So glad to hear about your pleasant stay! We are always elated to hear when a valued guest appreciates our efforts, and feels at home. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 13 October 2013

The condition of the hotel was not bad except it didn't have an elevator and it was right in front of a bar which was noisy late into the night. It was clean and looked decent. However, the receptionist on the overnight was very rude. We showed up around midnight and had booked our room and paid for it online. He gave me a really hard time and the check in process was much more complicated then the previous 3 hotels we had stayed at on this trip (which were all booked the exact same way). He took his time checking us in, and he had heard us say that we had been driving for the last 8 hrs and were leaving very early to drive 8 more hours. We had told him that we were leaving very early so he made a point to tell us that breakfast was at 6 am. We were up and out to the lobby by 6:05 am because we had a long drive. We went to the breakfast room and the door was locked, the same receptionist was still there and he told us that breakfast was not open yet. He made no effort to come to the room even though it should have opened 5 minutes prior. When he checked us out he was not pleasant and even made a rude comment about us paying someone else since we had booked online. And when we were done with check out he still did not open breakfast so we had to leave and buy our breakfast somewhere else. Hopefully the front desk people on days and in the early evening are nicer. If you go to this hotel don't do it in the late night/early morning because the man at the front desk gave us the worst service we have ever had in any hotel. We would never go back here again because of this one man. The hotel itself wasn't bad at all so it is a shame that he had to ruin the experience.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the bar are loud late into the night and early morning. There is no elevator so if you aren't on the first floor you have to haul your bags up the stairs.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kayla R
Anna A, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn & Suites Stafford, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Kayla,
I'm am sincerely sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience at our hotel. I can completely understand your frustration after a long day of travel, only to sleep for a couple of hours, then onto another full day of traveling. Unfortunately, our neighbors (the bar) aren't very considerate to our numerous requests to simply turn it down a little so they won't disturb our guests. So we are still in the process of finding some sort of happy medium with them. While I can't take responsibility of them, I certainly can with the unpleasant experience you had with our night auditor. I am sorry to see that the check in process, the breakfast situation, and even the check out process left you and your party dissatisfied. I would like to assure you that complaints such as these are uncharacteristic of our property and employees, and I truely hope for the opportunity to make it up to you. I would love for you to stop in the next time you're in town to speak to me.
Anna Allen

Reviewed 16 June 2013

Cute clean affortable. Staff amazing! Only thing to complain about is room small, hallway small. If your going to have weightwatchers meetings there everyday u need and outside entrance where you hold those. The noise level is crazy loud....the bar across the street is the crappiest part!!! Loud loud loud!!!!

Room Tip: Upstairs and not facing parking lots
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

My dad and stepmother just checked out and left town a day early b/c the room was terrible. I had booked the room after reading positive reviews here. My parents were in town for my son's high school graduation.
The king bed sagged very badly and my SM couldn't sleep. When she went to get a blanket to sleep on the sofa she found a live cockroach. That coupled with the booming bass from Buffalo Moes bar across the street caused them to only get a few hours sleep.
When they returned to the hotel this afternoon to ask for a clean room facing away from the bar next door, they were told none were available and the room would not be discounted or comped. They left very tired and unhappy.

• Stayed: June 2013
Bradley H, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn & Suites Stafford, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2013

Dear fehertyps-

I am sorry to hear about the recent stay that your father and stepmother had at our hotel. As you mentioned and as you can see from past reviews, this situation is completely out of character for our property. I assure you that your complaints have been heard and that I will personally take an inventory of room 211 to ensure the mattress is replaced immediately. I apologize that we were unable to relocate your family to the backside of our hotel in order to put them away from the noisy establishment across the street, but I assure you that we offered to move them to a new room after hearing of their unhappiness with room 211.
Once again, I would like to extend my most sincere apologies that such an exciting and memorable time in your family's life was interrupted and disturbed by an uncomfortable hotel room. This is completely unlike our property and we hope that they will look to give us another chance in the future in order for us to prove to them and yourself how wonderful a place the Country Inn Stafford can truly be.

Bradley H
Director of Sales

Reviewed 10 June 2013

After a long flight we stayed in Stafford for 2 days visiting the local area. We were very well looked after and the breakfast was excellent. The reception staff very friendly and helpful in giving directions etc. The room was the usual Country Inns high standard, we were given a room upgrade without asking and the hotel was clean, welcoming and remained so during our stay.
I would strongly recommend this hotel to any traveller. The television had a great range of programmes especially the Golf Channel for an avid golfer!! The hotel is located a bit further out of Washington and the motorway traffic is bad mid week in the morning and afternoon due to lengthy road works and the daily commute. However other hotels face the same problem.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple