“Another Great Stay!!”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Stafford
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Stafford
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This is our preferred hotel to stay at during frequent trips to see the grandkids. Staff is super friendly, the rooms are clean. The breakfast is great and the price is very reasonable. They have worked out a deal with the bar across the parking lot so the noise this time was much better. They are also working on some remodeling and the lobby fireplace was nice. Already looking forward to our next stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I didn't actually get to stay because I had a emergency come up. I booked my reservation on orbits and they were no help to me with canceling and refunding my reservation. So I called and spoke to Rodney F and he was so amazingly helpful and kind and fully refunded my money to me. No thanks to orbitz who were annoying. But Rondey was a life saver and I have learnt my lesson to never book on a third party site again. Fully loved the customer service and if I ever find myself in this part of VA I will surly book with Rodney. :)

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel comfy beds... clean lobby and rooms.. kids loved the fact that breakfast was provided... close to everything mall right across the street, starbucks etc. Price was great.. would stay again when driving thru I95

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Brysai
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

PROS: Clerk upon check in was very nice and helpful and made sure that my 4 month old were accommodated. 24 hour cookies and coffee were a plus. Breakfast was good. King room and bathroom were very spacious.

CONS: decor is an odd mix of updated and dated. I am guessing that it will eventually all be updated. Bed was not very comfortable. Bathroom could have been cleaner.

Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Jenna L
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Stayed one night so we could visit the Marine Museum. Staff was so friendly you feel comfortable as soon as you walk in. They rang our room within 30 minutes to make sure we were comfortable. Free Continental breakfast had eggs and sausage among other options. The room was comfortable and clean. The only bad thing was the pillows were to thin.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Country Inn and Suites in Stafford, VA recently. It was one of the best experiences we have had at a hotel. The staff was very welcoming and courteous. Our room was spacious, the king size bed, WONDERFUL!! and the soaking tub a nice surprise after an 8 hour road trip. The location was close to all of the places we had planned to visit and we had only to walk to the end of the parking lot to find two good places to eat. We would certainly stay there again!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank reene47
Anna A, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Stafford, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

So glad to hear about your pleasant stay! We are always elated to hear when a valued guest appreciates our efforts, and feels at home. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 13 October 2013

The condition of the hotel was not bad except it didn't have an elevator and it was right in front of a bar which was noisy late into the night. It was clean and looked decent. However, the receptionist on the overnight was very rude. We showed up around midnight and had booked our room and paid for it online. He gave me a really hard time and the check in process was much more complicated then the previous 3 hotels we had stayed at on this trip (which were all booked the exact same way). He took his time checking us in, and he had heard us say that we had been driving for the last 8 hrs and were leaving very early to drive 8 more hours. We had told him that we were leaving very early so he made a point to tell us that breakfast was at 6 am. We were up and out to the lobby by 6:05 am because we had a long drive. We went to the breakfast room and the door was locked, the same receptionist was still there and he told us that breakfast was not open yet. He made no effort to come to the room even though it should have opened 5 minutes prior. When he checked us out he was not pleasant and even made a rude comment about us paying someone else since we had booked online. And when we were done with check out he still did not open breakfast so we had to leave and buy our breakfast somewhere else. Hopefully the front desk people on days and in the early evening are nicer. If you go to this hotel don't do it in the late night/early morning because the man at the front desk gave us the worst service we have ever had in any hotel. We would never go back here again because of this one man. The hotel itself wasn't bad at all so it is a shame that he had to ruin the experience.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the bar are loud late into the night and early morning. There is no elevator so if you...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kayla R
Anna A, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn & Suites Stafford, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Kayla,
I'm am sincerely sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience at our hotel. I can completely understand your frustration after a long day of travel, only to sleep for a couple of hours, then onto another full day of traveling. Unfortunately, our neighbors (the bar) aren't very considerate to our numerous requests to simply turn it down a little so they won't disturb our guests. So we are still in the process of finding some sort of happy medium with them. While I can't take responsibility of them, I certainly can with the unpleasant experience you had with our night auditor. I am sorry to see that the check in process, the breakfast situation, and even the check out process left you and your party dissatisfied. I would like to assure you that complaints such as these are uncharacteristic of our property and employees, and I truely hope for the opportunity to make it up to you. I would love for you to stop in the next time you're in town to speak to me.
Anna Allen